I'm confused!

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
When buying a 2nd hand caravan, what equipment should I make sure it has, so basically I can pack some clothes, food and bedding and set off on our first cavanning holibob? Everything is so confusing! Could perhaps someone just write in list form, what I need to look out for?

Tenting is so much easier lol, but I really want a caravan.

Thank you in advance

Alex

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Alex,hello and welcome to our world!!!Please don't get too bogged down with filling the van with STUFF!!!I would think you will only need a few extra items such as:- hook up lead, waste and fresh water containers,filling pipes,step,gas,toilet chemicals.Everything else will be the same as you had for tent living.I am sure folk will soon be along here to add anything important I have forgotten.

Happy touring to you and yours XXX

Thursdays Child

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Alex, welcome to the forum.

When you buy your caravan it would help if it came with a leisure battery, 240v electric hook up lead, a step and a pump to draw water from the aquaroll.

These items are not necessarily supplied with a used caravan but it's worth checking to see if they are there.

The other 'essentials' are those mentioned by Thursday's Child.

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi Alex, welcome to the forum.

When you buy your caravan it would help if it came with a leisure battery, 240v electric hook up lead, a step and a pump to draw water from the aquaroll.

These items are not necessarily supplied with a used caravan but it's worth checking to see if they are there.

The other 'essentials' are those mentioned by Thursday's Child.
Thank you so much guys! Thats helps alot. We're hopefully going to have a look at a 5 berth swift today - fingers crossed my fella will part with some money hehe.

TRENDING THREADS