Image 530 Antenna - any good ?

Dec 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi All,

Whilst away for the week in Hereford our Status Omni-directional aerial failed to pick up any reception.

We went to the nearest dealer who said that they werent good in weak areas and that we would be better off with a directional aerial such as the Image 530, we bought this and fixed it to a spare awning pole and strapped it to the jockey wheel, we picked up a variable signal but still not much.

The dealer said that the Image aerial would be much better for picking up digital after the switchover, is this the case or have they seen me coming ?

We like the image antenna as it stores flat unlike some aerials.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated !!

Ian

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
the signal is not very good at Lucksall caravan park near Hereford , also the aerial has to be vertical there , digital is not on full power until the switch over , i normally use my sky system when i am in Hereford

Aug 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi being an aerial installer myself, I find there are very few campsites where one can get a decent terestrial signal, and you have to take into account polarity of different transmitters vertical/horizontal, I would therefore recommend you get a spare sky dish and a reciever and use sky....bearing in mind when finding a pitch you need a clear line of site to the south 19.2 deg to get a signal on your dish.hope this helps a little.... neil

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts