In which part of the country do you live?

Page 7 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 26, 2005
Visit site
Was the question "where do you come from?" Irene and I come from Maryhill, Glasgow not far fromn the HLI barracks, alas no more. I moved to Liverpool with my parents at age 14, joined the Army at 15, Bradbury Lines, Hereford. That was before the SAS threw us out,and changed the name of the camp to Sterling Lines. Posted to Germany for six years in Neinburg and Paderborn.

Moved back to Glasgow on leaving the Army for a year, moved to Liverpool on marriage. Bought our first house for

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Was the question "where do you come from?" Irene and I come from Maryhill, Glasgow not far fromn the HLI barracks, alas no more. I moved to Liverpool with my parents at age 14, joined the Army at 15, Bradbury Lines, Hereford. That was before the SAS threw us out,and changed the name of the camp to Sterling Lines. Posted to Germany for six years in Neinburg and Paderborn.

Moved back to Glasgow on leaving the Army for a year, moved to Liverpool on marriage. Bought our first house for

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Now residing in Sutton In Ashfield.

Yes another from Nottinghamshire. Caravaning is definately a popular hobby round here. Out of 12 homes on our street 8 have caravans and one a motorcaravan.

Dec 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi

New to forums so dont know if I have got this right.

Please please tell what is the name of the cl near the Blacksmiths Arms in Millom, Live in Lancashire, would love to visit Millom

Regards

Catherine
it's called UPPER HAWTHWAITE, BROUGHTON MILLS. IT'S OWNED BY MARTIN AND PAULINE COOPER, TEL NO 01229 716270. if you have ever died and gone to heaven, this is the place. go there and enjoy, regards, BARNEY (fra Millom)

Dec 2, 2005
Visit site
hello Lh, I live in South Cumbria, Millom to be exact,have been here all my 58yrs, I had a heart by-pass in 97, after which I finally realised what a beautiful place I live in,I have the coast within 1/2 a mile, and the Cumberland fells, and lakes within 1/2 an hours drive. We often take the van 10 miles up the road,to a place called Broughton Mills, it`s great to open the door and see Stickle Pike on the door step,and then take a walk up Dunerdale and call in at the Newfield Inn for lunch and a pint. walk back to the van, then it`s dinner in the Blacksmiths Arms, close to the cl site.

I was talking to one old guy he has retired hear and has a static nearby, he reckons we`ve got the Riviera in front and the Alps and lakes behind, where else do you want to be.Come and have a look IT`S FANTASTIC.
where exactley are you from then catherine?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dear Ramblingrose - as a new contributer to this forum and you are from Herefordshire Please watch out for that so called Lord of the Manner known as Lord Braykewynde. He is a person who has no second thoughts than to cavort about with his maid servants and on more than one occassion has threatened to shoot me under old Enlish law which states that an Englishman may kill a Welsh man on the streets of Hereford. He appears to have a Jekyll and Hyde personality - nice to your face and then without waiting for your back to turn will stab you in the front. BEWARE OF THIS MAN - HE IS WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Ahhhhhhhh nice to meet you my dear and good day to you. :O) It's nice to meet someone else from God's Country albeit from a little lower down the social ladder as my good self. If you are unemployed Rosie I do have two vacancies at Screwemm Hall. One is Head Chef and Bottle Washer but I'm sure you would rather apply for the other, Chief Bedwarmer. If so please contact my Private Secretary, Arbuthnot Montpelier-Smith. If a certain person from Bridgend makes any comments about me tell him to go pick daffodils, he's from the other side of the dike you know. :O) heheheh!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you for your kind welcomes, my noble lord, and Colin from the end of the Bridge.............

I'd better not reveal my surname or I will certainly be shot in Hereford upon my next visit. Very unfriendly of them I call it.

Being very busy about my own stately home and acre, I wont be taking up the kind offers of employment. I already have a permanent contract for Bed-warming duties. I could sell you a good hot water bottle though, or I do hear that the local sheep are very cuddly................if you have the wellies for it.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Thank you for your kind welcomes, my noble lord, and Colin from the end of the Bridge.............

I'd better not reveal my surname or I will certainly be shot in Hereford upon my next visit. Very unfriendly of them I call it.

Being very busy about my own stately home and acre, I wont be taking up the kind offers of employment. I already have a permanent contract for Bed-warming duties. I could sell you a good hot water bottle though, or I do hear that the local sheep are very cuddly................if you have the wellies for it.
Well thank you for your kindness my good lady, and the loan of the sheep. If you can find it in yourself could I borrow some wellies too, Colin stole mine :O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

.... ps, I'm glad you said Colin was from the end of the bridge only its a bit risky to accuse someone in here for being from under the bridge. That would mean Colins a Troll.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Andrew, I live in Corfe Mullen. Are there any Dorset sites that you particularly like and can recommend?
Hi. We live in Colehill. Wimborne, in a lovely thatched cottage but my wife works at the surgery at CM.

We tend to stay local for Bank holidays. We have booked Hunters Moon CC site in Feb for the first trip in our new Van. We have stayed several times here. Wilksworth Caravan Park is also good as is of course Merley, which is just changing hands apparantly. We also use Crossways CC site quite often. Wood Farm at Charmouth is a nice site but can suffer from road noise depending on which pitch you are on.

Regards Andrew

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For all those east of the Severn bridge I will enlighten you in so far as to say BRIDGEND is approx 50 miles west of the bridge. I am mid way between Swansea and Cardiff - J36 M4.

From the inference in your reply regarding your name can I assume that there is Welsh blood running through your veins. As I said beware of the Lord of the Manor - he is only after one thing which is obvious from his reply to you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For all those east of the Severn bridge I will enlighten you in so far as to say BRIDGEND is approx 50 miles west of the bridge. I am mid way between Swansea and Cardiff - J36 M4.

From the inference in your reply regarding your name can I assume that there is Welsh blood running through your veins. As I said beware of the Lord of the Manor - he is only after one thing which is obvious from his reply to you.
Lord B - I am definately not a troll and I take offence at the suggestion to compare me with one. You can be open to censourship by the mod for the insult and slur you cast on the troll.

Sep 15, 2005
Visit site

hi south west plymouth

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We live in Hartlepool, in the conservation area, which goes back to Saxon times. We have the sea about 200 yeards away, countryside 10 mins drive away, and the Metrocentre 45 mins drive away. What more could you want? (Er - a caravan to get away from it all obviously!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts