Inboard pumps and truma pick up hose

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We took our new Abbey out last week for its first excursion (and quite a few quality issues - posted elsewhere). It came with a Truma water pick up hose, the pump being inboard - so just a connector hose and filter. Very lightweight plastic, the filter (the inlet) wouldn't sink to the bottom of the Auqaroll, and to ensure I could pump the container dry I had to attach a heavy metal weight to the business end! my previous submersible pump did exactly that - it sank.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
this one posted before I had finished . . .

It amazes me that someone has designed this for a purpose - which it clearly cannot achieve. Has anyone had a similar problem?

My son works with stainless steel, so will be asking him to make me a heavy collar when I see him this afternoon - that should do the trick!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Now that is interesting. My "filter" is a small dish shaped 5cm diameter and 2cm deep. It is hollow and empty and appears to be a strainer only - that is it won't allow debris to be sucked up, it doesn't filter out impurities. It is extremely light - and floats. I have scoured the web - including the Truma website - and can't find anything similar. The van handbook describes a Whale product to use with the aquaroll - very useful. I will be contacting the dealer in the next few days and will add it to the lengtheninq quality issues I have with the van.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Swift group use Whale connecting systems to the inboard plumming

Should be AquaSmart Water Delivery System.

The filter on the bottom is part no WF3000 approx 50mm dia x 100 mm depth,also should be changed annually.

see the web site.

Swift may have changed,but I do not think so.

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
Since Mike is the person with the van, you should listen to what it is he says he has!!!

He is quite correct, it is just a small strainer device on the end of the hose. I know, because we have the same one. It is called a Truma Ultraflow Water Intake Assembly, Part No. 46340-01.

It is not on the Truma website, and Truma's customer services deny it exists! Nobody seems to know where to get a spare one, so look after it Mike!

If we straighten the hose, our one goes straight down so is ok. Other people have used a piece of rigid plastic pipe to run it through. A heavy collar sounds good too.

Mar 4, 2007
Visit site
I have a year old Abbey Vogue 496,the water hose has the filter on the end.

Not wishing to draw any bother to myself here, but could it be that the filter might not have been attached to the end of the tube. If there are threads on the inside if the collar then that may help explain?

Or am I being thick here?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Typical womans outlook

Quote Jennifer

you should listen to what the man said

I was only trying to help,thats what this form is for I think!!!!!!!!!!

I just cant be bothered with this sort of comment anymore.

Im off.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jennifer - Thank you. You surmise quite correctly that I can read, and that I wouldn't have quoted "Truma" if it wasn't written on the subject item . . .

Roy - I'm sorry if you have been offended by Jennifer, but I quite clearly stated that I had a Truma fitting.

Rodger - Clearly, Swift have changed their equipment. My Abbey Vogue is a 2008 model, and the Truma hose is complete - it's just not heavy enough to do the jon.

I note that Towsure sell a hose adapter for a 40L Aquaroll - basically a filler cap with a nylon tube, which will gude a hose down to the bottom of the container. I had one in the days of foot pumps and smaller aquarolls. I think I may invest in that an an inline water filter.

Thanks for all your help - no thanks to Swift and their handbook, Truma and their website

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
mikeG

I have the same float away strainer. I was informed when I bought the caravan that the strainer/filter needed to be pushed up and down into the water to enable it to go under and take water in the tube. I find it easier to get the other half to turn on the tap as i am pushing the tube down into the aquaroll. It seems to work so far, but agree it needs some weights adding.

Regards

ian

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
Typical womans outlook

Quote Jennifer

Im off.
Geez!! How clear does the man need to make it! He can read, and so can I, we know what we have.

The fact it seems to be fairly unusual is neither here nor there, and no reason for anyone to take umbrage.

I was only pointing out the obvious!!!

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
Typical womans outlook

Quote Jennifer

Im off.
And how, may I ask is this a "typical woman's outlook?

Did I say anything incorrect? I don't think so!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike

I have the same system on our S6 Bailey. This is how you do it according to Truma. Fill aqua roll(Sorry Barrel! there is competition out there!) with water, do not connect your hose to your vans inlet, put filter in the water and pump the hose up and down in the barrel, this allows the filter to fill with water and a sufficent part of the hose to make it sink to the bottom of the barrel. Then connect connecter to the caravan and switch on.

Does it work? I was very intrested to find it does and does every time and no need for weights.

Happy pumping

Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts