Inboard tank

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Hi

There were lots of postings about this subject back last September. I originally raised it shortly after getting my new Senator.

What I've done is to attach a piece of hosepipe to the overflow and lead this back to the Aquaroll. Then, when the tank overflows, the excess water flows back into the Aquaroll - no wastage. Also, you can lean out of the window and see it flowing back so no more getting muddy knees looking underneath!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul,

Our friend has recently purchased a Bailey Senator Oklahoma.He said he could not find the drain pipe for the internal tank.After reading your thread today,we went & checked his 'van and found a drain pipe on the front offside with a tap attached.The question now being asked is....is the drain pipe also the overflow pipe....or is there a second pipe that we have yet to find??Please forgive us if we appear stupid, but our friend has never had an internal water tank before,and we are just trying to help.

Sep 12, 2005
Visit site
maureen, i too have an oklahoma. the drain pipe is not the overflow pipe. the drain pipe with the tap on it is sited on the same side as the water inlet socket, as for the overflow pipe , this is sited on the other side of the onboard tank( door side ). i aslo thought i would mention that when i took the van out for it's first run, i did'nt have a large aquaroll. luckily for me the site that i was staying on, had hosepipes on reels at the water points. i attached the hosepipe to the drain valve, opened the drian valve tap, and aslo the hosepipe tap and hey presto!, filled the tank up.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
maureen, i too have an oklahoma. the drain pipe is not the overflow pipe. the drain pipe with the tap on it is sited on the same side as the water inlet socket, as for the overflow pipe , this is sited on the other side of the onboard tank( door side ). i aslo thought i would mention that when i took the van out for it's first run, i did'nt have a large aquaroll. luckily for me the site that i was staying on, had hosepipes on reels at the water points. i attached the hosepipe to the drain valve, opened the drian valve tap, and aslo the hosepipe tap and hey presto!, filled the tank up.
Many thanks Andrew,

We had a look under the nearside but couldn't see anything at all.Think we shall have to take another look!!

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Hi Maureen

My overflow (Indiana) is a length of 22mm copper tube which sticks out of the bottom of the van, almost directly underneath the onboard tank. Is yours in the same place as mine (underneath the central chest in the front)?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul,

We made life simpler by buying a Bailey Burgundy, so we don't have an inside tank !! Our friend's tank however,is in the same place as yours.He was going to have a look today,so hopefully he has now found the overflow pipe.

A bit more explanation in the owners handbook would have been helpful.They certainly don't make life easy for those who are not so agile these days !!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Paul,

We made life simpler by buying a Bailey Burgundy, so we don't have an inside tank !! Our friend's tank however,is in the same place as yours.He was going to have a look today,so hopefully he has now found the overflow pipe.

A bit more explanation in the owners handbook would have been helpful.They certainly don't make life easy for those who are not so agile these days !!!
Paul,

Eureka....he's found it !! :0)

After much crawling about,the overflow has been found surely someone could design an easier format !! Anyway thanks for your description....it did help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts