Inboard water tank and serviced pitch - How to connect

Mar 14, 2007
Visit site
My Carlight has a 34lit inboard tank and next weekend we have booked a fully serviced pitch with own water supply.

Is there any way to connect the caravan water supply to the mains water feed?

May 29, 2007
Visit site
On our Abbey spectrum, We have to connect the waterhog to the pump as normal, then we have to get an exsternal water suppley adapter (found one in blazers for

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Anthony

I find questions like this amazing. This sort of information is in the caravan handbook, and a walk round the caravan will tell if the connections exist.

If you know so little about your van, should you be on the road?

Mar 14, 2007
Visit site
I think your attitude sucks Chris with remarks like that.

It was a feasible question that required a simple answer,

My Carlight does not have the facility to draw water directly from the waterhog. Water is pumped into the inboard tank via a 12v plug-in pump until it is full.

In fact,it is very much like filling a car up with fuel.

So it is a sensible question as there seems no easy way of doing it other than pulling the hose to the pump off and extending it to reach the waterhog with a float assembly installed.

It's people like Chris that put a lot of newbies off forums with there bad attitudes.

Chris.....You are a twat

That is all

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Anthony

I didn't answer your question because I wasn't sure of the filling arrangements on your van

It seems from your last posting that there is no easy way.

On the Oklahoma I modified the filling by making it pump fill from an external pump by adding an extra pipe into the tank.

You could do that or you could use an aquaroll float to keep the aquaroll full next to the van and use a sumersible pump from the aquaroll to the tank filler with a switch inside the van to operate the new pump.(a cover over the inlet like to ones over the aquaroll opening could be modified hopefully)

My system works the same way except the connection to the van is via a Whale pump socket.

When the internal low level warning light comes on the internal switch is used to pump water into the inboard tank

A pump saver timer is set to switch off the pump just before the aquaroll is empty.

You could also fit a float valve in the tank side with an inlet in the van side/front locker etc

Hope that helps

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Anthony, This Person has done this to me. Ignore them as i did, I just wonder if they are as insignificant as they sound. And your right, They are a T***.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
I shall refrain from childish name calling. As observed by John the post contained insufficient information for anyone to help you.

If you plan to use a mains supply regularly, it would probably be better to convert the system to something such as Whale. This would allow you to draw from the waterhog, or the mains. The mains in turn can be via the Whale Aquasource system, or controlled by float in the hog. You can also fill the onboard tank via mains and then use this tank as you do now if preferred.

Since the plumbing and wiring are presumably already at the caravan wall, this would seem a reasonable solution

Jun 13, 2007
Visit site
If you have a filler cap on the outside then its quite simple just buy the proper hose and put the pipe into the filler hole once the tanks full turn the tap off,this of course will only work if you have a internal pump i always thought that carlight had a pressure pump next to the onboard tank if this is the case then the whale hose that has a fitting for the outside of your caravan would not be any good you can buy just food grade hose without the fitting on , a motorhome accessory shop will stock this type of hose its either blue or green on a white cassette reel.

I hope this doesn't confuse you even more.

David

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi anthony

we are about to embark on our summer hols and are staying on a fully serviced pitch for the first time, knowing i had to buy some additional equipment i went to a caravan dealer and whilst looking for the right equipment noticed that on the whale mains kit it gave advice on how to conect to a inboard tank.

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Regarding Pauls remark about the diy B&Q bit,sometime ago just for something to do i made up nearly as much as said but you know that a domestic system has a a ball float so that will not go through the container unless you get hold of a overflow tank then make the appropiate holes for connectors etc. Cost was about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts