Injections

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The past Saturday OH and myself went for our Covid and flu injections. Sunday morning OH could hardly get out of bed and walk. I had to help her. She has sort of recovered now better than me as I feel as if I have a very bad cold or a dose of the flu. My temperature is normal, but still feeling woozy, sore throat and bunged up nose. I think it is the new strain of the covid injection as the injection has never bothered me previously.

Spoke with the nurse today and seems we aren't the only ones suffering. She then suggested that next year we have the injections a week apart as we both have immunity issues. If you still have to have your injections consider having them in different days?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
We had our Covid and flu jabs last Tuesday and our RSV jab today - no problems so far.

The RSV jab is for 75-80 year olds plus pregnant women - but some GP practices haven't yet started contacting their patients.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We had our Covid and flu jabs last Tuesday and our RSV jab today - no problems so far.

The RSV jab is for 75-80 year olds plus pregnant women - but some GP practices haven't yet started contacting their patients.
Had the RSV jab about 2- 3 weeks ago. No issue.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Had our covid and flu jabs together a week last Saturday. Apart from slightly sore upper arm where one went in neither of us had any problems.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
The previous two years I have had flu and Covid jabs together and been poorly for 24-48 hours afterward. Planned ahead this years so I had nothing I needed to do and could spend 2 days recovering. Had both jabs last week, sore arm but only felt a bit off it for a few hours the following day.
I have a “ suppressed immune system”, but clearly response to the jabs is very individual.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
We had flu and covid Saturday, I have had what seems to be a cold for the last couple of days. Tested for Covid yesterday just in case, it was negative which was a relief as off on a cruise this coming Sunday. Mrs P is fine with no symptoms. Both fit 70 year old with no health issues.
I suspect it's just coincidence as the flu vacinne uses dead virus and tge covid one is RNA so both unable to cause any sort of infection.

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
AFAIK there's no prioritisation this year - simply being done on age.
There are four categories eligible for the covid jab in Scotland. Anyone over 65, care home residents and staff, over 6 months and those at clinical risk and pregnant women, plus health and social care workers. But any eligible persons have to wait to be contacted by NHS Scotland before booking an appointment. Doesn’t seem as flexible as England.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I get mine November, and im supposed to be high priority, heart condition. So much for the Scottish health service.
Here in southern England, my surgery told me to seek one of many "walk in" pharmacy based to fast track getting the flu & COVID jabs.
"We" both having issues, my wife considerably more critically, that it was advised we got jabbed before the earliest date the surgery could give them to us.
They gave me a list of "local" pharmacies offering that "walk in" service.
The first one I called fitted us in immediately, which I drove straight to. So getting them a whole month before our surgery could, even being listed as "priority" patients.

Has the Scottish NHS set up the same option?

Six days later I had a dreadful 24 hours, feeling and being very cold, though I returned to being fine the following day. No idea if the injections played any role. If so its a first adverse reaction to any jab and travelling throughout the world all my working life that has involved umpteen.

TRENDING THREADS