Insurance claim

Feb 22, 2023
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm a newbie on here but been caravaning for about 6 years.

I'm after your advise please 🤞

My caravan was vandalised and needs 2 windows replacing.
I reported this to my insurance company who asked me to go get some quotes.

Is this normal procedure?

My caravan is a 2005 model year and although I have tried to get quotes, I am struggling.

I am surprised this is down to me to do all the leg work, but if this is the case can anyone point me in the right direction of replacement windows supplied and fitted for a caravan of this age.

Thanks in advance.

Jay.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum, sorry to hear of the incident.
Unfortunately it is normal practice with insurers. Try a caravan breakers for used windows, or new ones from here

There are other suppliers of new windows try a web search.

Your local caravan workshop may be able to do the repair and source materials

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2023
Visit site
Thankyou for your replies 😊

I will look into the links you have shared.

I want the windows fitting too, as I've seen how much these cost and dont want to risk something going wrong if I fit them.
Especially if it's going through insurance anyway.

That's the other issue. Finding someone to fit them too.

Cheers. Jay .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid that with caravans getting your own estimate is the norm. This was the way other insurances like cars and houses worked for many years until insurers realised they could save money by organising the repairs them selves. In practice some house insurers will still ask for estimates. Caravan insurance insurers have far less claims that with cars so a dedicated scheme has never been set up by any insurer that I know of.
With a 2005 model I am afraid replacement would need to be made to order so Caravan Crazy and EECO are probably the only source of windows although breakers like SFM may have some if you do not mind second hand. You would then need an engineer to fit them if you are unable to do this.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts