Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Will soon be taking del of our first caravan, Bailey Ranger, insured value will be approx 11.5K.

Can someone point in the direction of a good (service wise) and also competitively

priced insurer. What price should we be paying do you think ?

I also get the impression there are 2 policies you may need. One for the caravan as you would for a car, and another for breakdown/accident (eg Red Pennant ?).

Or can one policy cover all ?

Thanks in advance for yr help.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andy, I would recommend that you try the Caravan Club for insurance. Avoid E&L at all costs, I can honestly say that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Regards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In short; NFU for caravan insurance, MoreThan for breakdown insurance. Nothing better, nothing cheaper. See their websites for further details and quotes.i

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andy, we have also just insured our first caravan, an Avondale Dart of similar value, and found Caravan Guard (underwritten by Axa) to be very helpful, efficient,and best of all excellent value, the cheapest of all the quotes we had including the CC. We also received a free Stop Theft tagging system which normally costs

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andy,

Our Avondale has been insured now for 3 years with Tourer Select and I can honestly say that they are a brilliant company.When the van was only 2 weeks old it was flooded at the storage compound due to heavy rain.Within a few days of my phone call to them they had given my dealer the go ahead to source a brand new replacement and this was even before a loss adjuster had seen the van!.

Only recently I had a to make a claim when the van accidently ran into the wall at home. Once again no problems what so ever regarding giving the go ahead for repairs.

As you can imagine the total cost for the two incidents is around

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andy,We have Caravan Club May day Rescue insurance which is through GreenFlag.Had occasion to use their services when our gear box packed up on the M6.We had no complaints about their service at all.Our caravan insurance is with the caravan club also.If you have personal belongings in the van take care that they are covered either by your caravan insurance or your house insurance.It's a minefield to make sure everything is covered.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Bakers of Cheltenham I have new for old on my Baily Ranger which is now 6 years old and should anything happen like a total write off etc I get a new one. I pay roughly

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hello Andy. I have my caravan insured with the Caravan Club: have done for years but, I have never had to claim. The Red Pennant is for Continental cover (thro Caravan Club), it is a breakdown, rescue, get-you-home,parts locator/delivery, emergency cash etc. Excellent cover!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andy,

Having "trawled " through a wide variety, I found The best value i.e. price service and benefits to be National farmers Union for the caravan and Green Flag through the Caravan Club for car/caravan breakdown in the U. K. If you are touring abroad you wont do better than Red Pennant Through the Caravan Club.Remember If it looks too good to be true, then it probably is

Regards

Harold

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Premium depends very much on the caravan value as some insurers categorise "high value" vans as an increased risk, as they are a more desirable target. I changed to the Caravan Club last year because of this. My previous Caravan Guard insurance had suddenly mysteriously escalated. Forbreakdown service, try More Th>an.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts