Insurers are Cheats

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Walter Merrick CBE Chief Ombudsman of the The Financial Ombudsman Service has just published , for all to see, his 2008/2009 report.

He says what is new and very disappointing is that, of the Complaints the Ombudsman has handled, he has found a record proportion - almost 6 out of 10- to be justified.

That means nearly 60% of rejected claims are erroneous!!

DON'T TRUST THE INSURER. TO GET THIS MANY WRONG THEY MUST BE REAL THICKOS!!

Jan 28, 2009
Visit site
Actually they're not thick, their clever and sneaky, hiding behind small print, misinterpretation and downright lies in some cases. These days you can talk to two different people sitting beside each other in some faceless call centre somewhere and get two different responses to the same question. It's always worth ringing back if you don't get the answer you want first time.

It's a sad situation when something you pay for is denied so those who take your money can keep it and make more.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
part of the training is to find justification to turn down a claim.

Some time ago i had a claim on my home insurance refused, i wrote a letter of complaint, and asked to go to the level with my complaint. The insurer then phoned me up and paid out.

I can only assume some people must accept the refusal.

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
I'll always remember a bit of sound advice given to me many years ago by my father.

The tallest buildings in all the major cities of the world are Insurance companies and banks and who do you think pays for it all.

I think we all know the answer to that.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The cheating saga continues.

See the Financial Ombudsman latest publication. Compensation is now being awarded against Insurers who get it wrong.

http:/www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news-motor-insurance.htm

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts