Interior Laminate

Apr 20, 2024
Visit site
Hi, some of my interior laminate is starting to peel, side of draws and doors etc.

Just wondering if anyone’s had the same issues and managed to successfully repair it using specific adhesives?

Thanks.

Garry.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi, some of my interior laminate is starting to peel, side of draws and doors etc.

Just wondering if anyone’s had the same issues and managed to successfully repair it using specific adhesives?

Thanks.

Garry.
Is it an Elddis caravan?

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
In some places where the edges have peeled I have used a spatula with PVA adhesive which dries clear with a bit of applied pressure during the curing process. And yes Buckman this is an Elddis so I think it's a bit of a trait along with curling wall board seam tape!
Actually 'laminate' is a bit of an overstatement as usually the wood effect layer is incredibly paper thin and therefore needs careful handling when sliding glue under the edges that it's not ripped or stretched.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024
Visit site
In some places where the edges have peeled I have used a spatula with PVA adhesive which dries clear with a bit of applied pressure during the curing process. And yes Buckman this is an Elddis so I think it's a bit of a trait along with curling wall board seam tape!
Actually 'laminate' is a bit of an overstatement as usually the wood effect layer is incredibly paper thin and therefore needs careful handling when sliding glue under the edges that it's not ripped or stretched.
That’s great - thank you.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It seems that models around 2012 suffered this issue.

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
We have a 2012 Elddis and yes it does suffer from peeling but I don't think that it is unique to this make as I know quite a few people who have the same problem with differing types. I think that the fault lies with sunlight and or condensation and of course the age of the van.
What I know for sure is that it is an easy fix, I use PVA glue and use a wallpaper edging roller when the glue is tacky, for missing areas I have a roll of sticky backed wood effect plastic that is a perfect match.
( the first roll of this stuff that I got I found just a shade off so I got some more then found that it is the exact shade for my son's Globestar, result)

Apr 20, 2024
Visit site
We have a 2012 Elddis and yes it does suffer from peeling but I don't think that it is unique to this make as I know quite a few people who have the same problem with differing types. I think that the fault lies with sunlight and or condensation and of course the age of the van.
What I know for sure is that it is an easy fix, I use PVA glue and use a wallpaper edging roller when the glue is tacky, for missing areas I have a roll of sticky backed wood effect plastic that is a perfect match.
( the first roll of this stuff that I got I found just a shade off so I got some more then found that it is the exact shade for my son's Globestar, result)
That’s great, and thanks for the advice👍

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
PVA is not perfect by any means but gives a nice invisible smooth finish and can be tucked under the peel with a small artists brush.
I have used many other glues but due to bubbling or staining I seem to always return to simple old PVA.
I find the stronger glues better for things like plastic edging trim.
we all have our favourites

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts