Ireland (not sure if overseas)

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,
going to Ireland with another couple, we are going Ferry Route Cairyran to Larne. As we hate crossings and want to do first stop Giants Causway in the summer. We are travelling from Sussex leaving 6pm for ferry in the afternoon next day. What i need is a late night stop, someone near the M6. To arrive say 11pm. Is there such a place, or do we have to use Motorway stops? If so what is the best and Safe ones with caravan, for early morning leaving say 5am to finish the journey. we are talking about around Stafford/ Preston area.
Cheers.
Sue moss

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
As part of the UK Northern Ireland is not really "overseas*. You don't need a passport for travel to Northern or Southern Ireland ferry ports. But if you had a problem whilst in Ireland you need a passport to fly back to the UK.
So worth taking passports just in case something goes wrong.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There are plenty of CS/CLs around the Penrith junction and some have hook ups/showers some dont. The Tebay services (Westmorland) do still have a site that you can use for stop overs but you would need to check for such an early departure.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Its not Tenby, which would be well off your route. Its Tebay sometimes called Westmoreland and its north of Penrith on Shap, but right on the M6.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We stayed over at Tebay September 2011. It is right on the M6. Fine for an overnight stop with the services just next to it. There is a barrier but we opened and closed it ourselves, but still best to check if it gets locked. Google westmoreland and you will find it.
mel

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I used to travel to the RoI on a regular basis on business and would highly recommend that you take your passport and driving licence with you, belt and braces if you know what I mean !

TRENDING THREADS