Is the new Avtex PRO Series a smart TV?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 24, 2014
Visit site
We have success. The powered Firestick adaptor lets you withdraw the usb end from its body. Using that from the USB port on the TV will power the 4K Firestick without warnings. That cuts the whole connection caboodle to two 12v cigar type plugs and one Co-AX. All that encased in a felxible piece of black conduit and bobs yer auntie. Its much much neater, and these, cable tied to the Co-Ax will support the weight of the double adaptor. One black conduit is the only thing visible.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
We borrowed an Avtex TV for the bedroom in our Bailey. It was horrible to use and tbh I'd rather read a book in bed anyway.
Not bothered with it again

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Why horrible to use. A lot depends on how you set it up. For me, it works brilliantly with a 4k Firestick, and much better viewing angles than many domestic TV's.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Why horrible to use. A lot depends on how you set it up. For me, it works brilliantly with a 4k Firestick, and much better viewing angles than many domestic TV's.
The user interface was clunky and the sound quality not great. I'm sure a Firestick attached would be great but I can do that with a much cheaper TV

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, as has been discussed already in this thread, the sound is rotten. The attachemnt of the soundbar makes a massive difference, but initially I ran mine with a pair of Pebble Spkrs from Creative and they did an equally impressive job.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts