Is there such a thing as a good Haven site?

Apr 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Kids looking to go to Haven this year. I have read reviews on some of the sites and they aren't great. The entertainment and activities appear to be good but the touring sites poor. Can anyone recomend a Haven park where the touring facilities are good?

Thanks,

David

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
We went to Haven in Lower Hyde (IOW) last September for 2 weeks. We had a special deal of h/s pitch + electric + awning and the ferry crossing for

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
The only thing I would say is that since the group changed hands and was sold by the Rank Organisation things are not as good.These sites used to be customers of mine and the tourers were always only there for one reason that is a potential number of prospect customers to sell a static van to at a high price with an equally high annual site rent.The new owners are and have always been even more aggresive in their desire to sell caravans.I always remember the guy who went to the site shop to fetch bread and ended up buying a new static,never found if it was true but it would not suprise me.

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Hello David we went to Primrose valley near Filey Yorkshire. The facilities are quite good. The only thing is that you're about a 15 minute walk from the main complex,not always a bad thing, but the indoor pool and fair is on your door step.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In the main holiday weeks, Haven sites attract huge numbers of chav families into the static caravans.

They don't really seem that bothered with tourers and in high season they really cram them in.

Foul language is the predominant sound you,ll hear and thats just from the kids.

The entertainment rooms are that full of smoke you can hardly breathe and everyone is getting bladdered.

In all honesty, I wouldn't recommend Haven to anyone.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
We went to haggerston castle in northumberland on august bank holiday weekend and to be fair it was o.k the walk from the van to the complex was only 5 mins and the facilities wernt great but there wernt to bad either there was a seperate adults only bar and one family bar and a sports bar aswell as the ammusments there was a chippy, burger king, a small boating lake and a pitch and put course BUT it was quite expensive.

Andy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HAGGERSTON CASTLE IS OKAY BUT I WOULD ONLY GO IF YOU CAN GET A SUPERPITCH,AS WE HAD A BASIC PITCH LAST YEAR,AND WERE UNDERWATER.THE SUPER PITCHES ARE GOOD.

P VALLEY IS REALLY GOOD ALTHOUGH A LONG WALK TO THE COMPLEX,SEATON SANDS IS ALSO GOOD.

THE WEB SITE IS REALLY GOOD LOTS OF BARGAINS.WE ARE GOING FOR 5 NIGHTS IN MARCH FOR

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
We use Marton Mere in Blackpool,( mostly for weekends.) kids love it, club has is very good, entertainment team last year were some of the best we have seen. Have to say some of the pitchers are not very good but we only sleep and eat in the van. If you like sitting in you caravan doing nothing then they are not good. but if you have young children like us, then they are good. Steve

Jan 10, 2006
Visit site
we went to primrose valley in sept 2005 and were really disapointed 4 showers and 4 toilets were no where near enough and were extremely unhygienic due to over use. the pitch was a mud bath we complained and to put it bluntly the staff werent bothered.

we then used thorpe park in june 2006 it was quite a cheap weekend and again it had the same problems the pitch was ok but the toilet shower block was minging due to over use 4 toilets and showers again.

Haven are quite cheap and you can get some good deals we always rented a static from them before however we will not use them again.

jon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having used Haven sites for many years I am glad that my kids are all grown to a point were they are not bothered about Haven anymore. The toilet facilities appear to have no investment (and even less cleaning) and if there is 1 poster there must be dozens trying to get you to sell your tourer and buy thier static.

Marc

Jan 21, 2006
Visit site
we have been to haven sites fo the past 9 years , the best one we have found is kiln park in tenby wales. toilets and showers were cleened regualy so much to do on site a short walk to beach wonderful well worth the money

Oct 10, 2006
Visit site
Hello David,Rockley Park,Poole Dorset,is a British holidays site,a sister company of Haven is a n excellent site,we went there in our tent 4 years ago and were very impressed.The shower blocks were cleaned 3 times a day,etertainment was fab.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
we went to Devon in July last year,booked superpitch but it had been double booked had to wait til the monday pitch was very good but many pitches were poor,overcrowded,had a good time with grandchildren but would not go there on our own.Each to their own however but super pitch is well worth the money also own facilities v.desirable.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

About seven years ago, we borrowed a tourer and stayed at a Haven site in Lincolnshire. It was the longest week of my life, an experience I wouldn't want to go through again!

It was the pits. Dirty, insufficient facilities, not particularly cheap to stay there either. Teenagers running riot and doing things that should only be done in the bedroom. God, it was awful.

Sorry, but you did ask. It wasn't somewhere I'd like to take a 14 year old girl to if you get my drift, (it was ok when she was seven).

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Haven's Kiln Park in Tenby is a lovely site. Very clean and the best shower block I've ever been in.

Unfortunately, its getting to be a rather expensive luxury as the prices have rocketed in the last two years.

Aug 24, 2006
Visit site
In the main holiday weeks, Haven sites attract huge numbers of chav families into the static caravans.

They don't really seem that bothered with tourers and in high season they really cram them in.

Foul language is the predominant sound you,ll hear and thats just from the kids.

The entertainment rooms are that full of smoke you can hardly breathe and everyone is getting bladdered.

In all honesty, I wouldn't recommend Haven to anyone.
I suppose at least one of those complaints will be rectified this year, no smoking from July should make the club rooms more comfy for us non smokers.

On a serious note, i live in South Yorks and for many years have been to Reighton sands at Filey, i have to say this site has really being allowed to run in to a state of disrepair. I went last October, toilets with no doors on, dirty showers, seats falling to pieces in the bar and i could go on.

As others have said, Haven is great for the kids but they really are more concerned with selling statics than anything else. it would not suprise me if Haven eventually do away with touring facilites all together.

Terry

Mar 9, 2007
Visit site
Poor Haven getting a bit of a bashing here. I have to stand up for them. We stayed a week at Craig Tara park (Ayr) last summer and have to admit we were very happy there. Our two year old son loved it. Plenty to keep him occupied. Free bus into Ayr town every half hour. Huge pool and slides. Touring park situated at the edge of the park so we weren't bothered at all by the burberry culture found in all the statics there!

Going back to Haven this year - to Presthaven in Wales this time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
David - You have not stated where abouts in the UK you are and how far you wish to travel. For an excellent site with all the amenities for both fine and wet weather - you needn't go off the site if you so wished - try Beverley Park in Paignton, Devon (although not a Haven site). The site is a little expensive but the facilities are first class and all the amusement you could wish for, for both children and adults make the expence worth while. There is also plenty to see and do off the site eg. steam train to Dartmouth, Paignton town and beaches, Torquay, Brixham, etc. etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HAGGERSTON CASTLE IS OKAY BUT I WOULD ONLY GO IF YOU CAN GET A SUPERPITCH,AS WE HAD A BASIC PITCH LAST YEAR,AND WERE UNDERWATER.THE SUPER PITCHES ARE GOOD.

P VALLEY IS REALLY GOOD ALTHOUGH A LONG WALK TO THE COMPLEX,SEATON SANDS IS ALSO GOOD.

THE WEB SITE IS REALLY GOOD LOTS OF BARGAINS.WE ARE GOING FOR 5 NIGHTS IN MARCH FOR

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David, we have a favourite Haven site which we would be happy to recommend but----we havent booked our holiday yet so we are keeping quiet until its done! Sorry (selfish b--ger that I am). Jim.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts