Is this expensive?

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Typing this on a campsite in Northern Spain, about 20 miles west of Santander.
Huge grass pitch, room for 8m caravan, awning, car, and still loads of room. Water on pitch (but no drain) Fabulous views of the Picos De Europa. Indoor heated pool and outdoor unheated pool. Bar, restaurant (very reasonable prices) shop open 08:30 - 20:00 , 10 amp EHU (unmetered) 15 minute walk from an enormous sandy beach.
And the price I am paying for this slice of lovelyness is???

€23 per night (thats just £19.65) AND if you stay for 7 you only pay for 6

That's £118 per week, and UK sites want nearly £50 (or more) per night? Not of my money thank you. Europe wins every time

(I am fortunate, I only live 23 miles from Poole ferry terminal, and I am a Club Voyage member so get 30% discount)

Reactions: GaryB
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Don't just take DustyDogs vote for the site, It is good, and if your fit enough for a half mile walk uphill into the village there is a couple of nice pubs and a small grocery shop.
Ah but the Farmers tea and restaurant 300 yards away serves great food and beer. Agree about the local pubs 3 of them , all good but check first not all what you may be used to😜

Reactions: Hutch

nor

Dec 21, 2003
Visit site
We are booked with an AA recommended site near Poole and have a fully serviced pitch with water and waste water hookup. There is a very nice restaurant right next door to the site for a nice breakfast. Pubs within easy walking distance. Cost is £38 a night is acceptable to us for a fully serviced pitch.

We went to book a CAMC site near Bournemouth and they wanted over £48 a night and no nearby pubs or restaurants although the latter are not important to us. Cannot understand the huge difference in price between a commercial site and the CAMC members site? Now looking for a pitch possibly on a CL near Christchurch that is fully serviced at a more reasonable cost.
Yes way over priced a lot of their sites are very costly now . It would be cheaper to go to a b&b .
Some of the CLs are also very expensive unless you use all your own facilities. A lot of commercial sites are cheaper and excellent .

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
No one told me May Day was a Bank Holiday🙀.
No wonder many sites have no vacancies 😥.
Never mind. A little research saved the day and saved money
Northumberland first two weeks of May Is proving very popular.
Two of our favourites one at Bamborough one at Belford are fully booked.
The first is £35 per night the second £30 . Both are FSP and good locations.
A new to us site near Alnwick FSP and WiFi, 16 amp EHU £25 per night. 8 miles inland but terrific views .
So it’s worth shopping around and it proves not all have moved to payg electricity.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We stopped at this site when we were visiting Shrewsbury
Beaconsfield Holiday Park
Touring for Adults only
Grass pitch 10amp £30 for two people & electric
Fully serviced hard standing Pitch
£33 for 10amp per night
£36 for 16amp per night
there are still some pitches available

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
No one told me May Day was a Bank Holiday🙀.
No wonder many sites have no vacancies 😥.
Never mind. A little research saved the day and saved money
Northumberland first two weeks of May Is proving very popular.
Two of our favourites one at Bamborough one at Belford are fully booked.
The first is £35 per night the second £30 . Both are FSP and good locations.
A new to us site near Alnwick FSP and WiFi, 16 amp EHU £25 per night. 8 miles inland but terrific views .
So it’s worth shopping around and it proves not all have moved to payg electricity.
What one at Alnwick? I've been to Dunstun Hill, but bit of a walk to pub.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Low Hedgeley Caravan Site Powburn near Alnwick
That was a CL with extra pitches which operated as a commercial, drive through the CL to get to the commercial - it's under new management this year as Harry Vickers has retired - an excellent site, we stayed there a couple of times but a long way from anywhere although the CC River Breamish club site is nearby

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
That was a CL with extra pitches which operated as a commercial, drive through the CL to get to the commercial - it's under new management this year as Harry Vickers has retired - an excellent site, we stayed there a couple of times but a long way from anywhere although the CC River Breamish club site is nearby
Apparently the Running Fox / Plough Powburn reopened at Easter🍺🍺🍺

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts