Is this the best guarantee ever?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The other day I has washed my Tilley hat and as per the Owners Manual when it was dry I stretched the innner band over my knee to regain its size. Surprisingly my thumb went through the fabric at the front. So the hat came with a three year replacement for loss, and lifetime guarantee if it should wear out. It was purchased in 2008 and has been to many places around the world and in UK too. In fact it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say it has been worn most days come rain or shine.

So I contacted Tilley with my tale of woe and they came back asking for three pictures. I duly forwarded the required pictures and within 24 hours back came a request to destroy the worn hat with photo proof, and then I could choose myself a brand new hat of similar design and colour, or a new style from their range. All I had to cover was. £6 post and packing.

I wonder if Tilley might consider making caravans 😂

IMG_3539.jpegIMG_3537.jpeg

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I also have a Tilly hat the same , era about the same bought from a shop in Dulverton, and the wife's one is fraying about the edge, maybe I should contact them about a replacement. .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I also have a Tilly hat the same , era about the same bought from a shop in Dulverton, and the wife's one is fraying about the edge, maybe I should contact them about a replacement. .
If it has the Lifetime Guarantee label inside the crown it’s eligible, but acceptance will obviously be subjective on the visible wear. Mine just gave way as the front material on the crown had thinned out. Worth a try though. Beware some styles are made in The Middle Kingdom 😂

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have now received my replacement Tilley hat under the company’s Lifetime Guarantee. I wasn’t able to order a straight replacement as the combination of colour, style, and size were not available as being summer there had been buoyant sales. So they gave me free rein to choose a hat from their catalogue. So I opted for the All Weather option, whilst not made from Duck Cotton feels very much like my original one. RRPwas £95!

All I need to do now is watch the YouTube videos on getting the best from your hat, as no longer do you receive an Owners Manual. 🤣

Overall brilliant service from Tilley. Must see if I can now register the new one for Lifetime Guarantee.

Reactions: Hutch
Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Yes it is. I contacted Tilley in the UK, because my old LTM 1 needed replacing due to holes appearing in the band, and I wanted to know what the replacement was. They asked me to send pictures of both the outside and inside of the hat. I got a mail sent straight back which said choose the size of an LTM 5 and pay us carriage, you have a free hat under the lifetime guarantee. Excellent service.

My original was also bought in 2008, but in a sale for £28! Double bonus!

TRENDING THREADS