Is this the right battery box?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Further to my other post, I now not only need a new battery, but a box and door also. Can anyone confirm that this is the correct replacement. I am pretty sure it is, but apart from the size, there is a choice of white or magnolia. I think mine should be white, but the old one looks a bit cream. But that might only be age.

John

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry about the battery problem, when I had to replace a water point cover, I went for the "white" against the original Magnolia, it looked much better.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Further to my other post, I now not only need a new battery, but a box and door also. Can anyone confirm that this is the correct replacement. I am pretty sure it is, but apart from the size, there is a choice of white or magnolia. I think mine should be white, but the old one looks a bit cream. But that might only be age.

John
It’s surprising how white ones would gradually change colour to a cream. But a silky generally hit them back. I’d go for white.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
It’s surprising how white ones would gradually change colour to a cream. But a silky generally hit them back. I’d go for white.

Thanks, I have done some more research andI have ordered white. So far as I can see they are a standard size so hopefully it will be an easy fit.

John

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

John
Missing image?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I would have thought that blue would stick out like a sore thumb as hyperlinks are normally in blue? :D
Not so if they are contained within normal text and very short words ie “link” or “photo” where the link reads logically within a sentence. Might be better to just put them below the text. Not everyone can discriminate blue from black within the same sentence. Heard of monochromatic vision, which can affect some to varying degrees.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluetonic
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The hyperlinks seem to work well in Wikipedia and other publications. It is now the convention. In fact, it is automatic when creating a link in most softwares (if not all). And is the default in this forums software.

I imagine with some work it could be changed and enhanced.

I have used it many time without issue.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The hyperlinks seem to work well in Wikipedia and other publications. It is now the convention. In fact, it is automatic when creating a link in most softwares (if not all). And is the default in this forums software.

I imagine with some work it could be changed and enhanced.

I have used it many time without issue.

John
I have no problem with them it’s just a fact that a small number of people do suffer monochromatic vision or an element of it. It’s also possible they don’t hoist in the significance of the text in a changed colour when reading a post. The Forum software uses them when all New Posts are read and you get the message to read latests posts.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Not so if they are contained within normal text and very short words ie “link” or “photo” where the link reads logically within a sentence. Might be better to just put them below the text. Not everyone can discriminate blue from black within the same sentence. Heard of monochromatic vision, which can affect some to varying degrees.
yep. I'll admit that blue to black is something I have an issue with and I missed the hyperlinks on my first couple of readthroughs . Red might be a better colour for them? or blue and bold type? blue and underlined?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
New battery box arrived today. (2 days early). It compares accurately with the old one. So should go in easy enough. The only problem I envisage is getting the old one out without causing damaged. I have a sharp blade and a plastic scraper.

There is definitely entilation cleverly built in to the door casement. But not a lot.

The new box, being new, looks much whiter than the old one and all the other lockers. Can’t do anything about that except wait. The infill panel in the door is a darker shade of white than the old one which is made from a section of caravan wall. I have removed the old panel in case we feel it is necessary to change the new one for the old one. New AGM battery comes tomorrow. I will then do the work weather permitting. I won’t put the solar back on yet as I am still sourcing a decent controller.
John

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
yep. I'll admit that blue to black is something I have an issue with and I missed the hyperlinks on my first couple of readthroughs . Red might be a better colour for them? or blue and bold type? blue and underlined?

Then another colour might not suit all people. I think the main problem with the OP in this topic are the links are in short words and perhaps get lost. I agree, they could be highlighted or enlarged.

This is how the forum show links, no different to what I did, but the links aren’t lost.

C2DE4D76-3139-41E8-B8EE-46EF98F5EE05.jpeg

John

PS, I have just worked on the OP. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Then another colour might not suit all people. I think the main problem with the OP in this topic are the links are in short words and perhaps get lost. I agree, they could be highlighted or enlarged.

This is how the forum show links, no different to what I did, but the links aren’t lost.

View attachment 2460

John

PS, I have just worked on the OP. Any thoughts?
Big improvement.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
New battery box arrived today. (2 days early). It compares accurately with the old one. So should go in easy enough. The only problem I envisage is getting the old one out without causing damaged. I have a sharp blade and a plastic scraper.

There is definitely entilation cleverly built in to the door casement. But not a lot.

The new box, being new, looks much whiter than the old one and all the other lockers. Can’t do anything about that except wait. The infill panel in the door is a darker shade of white than the old one which is made from a section of caravan wall. I have removed the old panel in case we feel it is necessary to change the new one for the old one. New AGM battery comes tomorrow. I will then do the work weather permitting. I won’t put the solar back on yet as I am still sourcing a decent controller.
John
Hi John good luck getting the caravan battery box out and putting the new one in I hope everything goes great with out any hassle ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts