Isabella Magnum Etna 400

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Question for OC re the pics. Isnt that the Moonlight model, I dont think they did the ancialliary tie down points (for storm bands) after that model.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Question for OC re the pics. Isnt that the Moonlight model, I dont think they did the ancialliary tie down points (for storm bands) after that model.
I’ve not checked later models, but the one in the dealer display as was still available fir sale. Best I guess to look at Isabella web brochures.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Mine ceretainly doesnt have them. We do have the Isoflex points though, below the window. Its something I have never understood with Izzy, as all the full awnings have that leather triangle sewn in for the typhoon bands. Would make sense to me to include them on the porches.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Kampa Rally air pro, 2021 year model that had been changed in a couple of ways, one of which was extra vents and another was zips on side doors that only purpose was that you can open the zip and it relaxes tension if needed on the sides, I’ve always used it with roof liner and I’ve used it for a total of 5 weeks at least in various weather conditions from roasting hot summer days with cold nights and I’ve not had as much as a spot of condensation dripping, same with rain from drizzle to storm rain pouring, I think some of the condensation is caused because people buy small awnings to make life easier which I don’t blame them at all, then because there are often more people sitting in it plus wet coats, washing and the likes stashed in it these all add to the moisture in there, I would recommend our Kampa without any hesitation.

BP

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I bought a Kampa Rally air pro, 2021 year model that had been changed in a couple of ways, one of which was extra vents and another was zips on side doors that only purpose was that you can open the zip and it relaxes tension if needed on the sides, I’ve always used it with roof liner and I’ve used it for a total of 5 weeks at least in various weather conditions from roasting hot summer days with cold nights and I’ve not had as much as a spot of condensation dripping, same with rain from drizzle to storm rain pouring, I think some of the condensation is caused because people buy small awnings to make life easier which I don’t blame them at all, then because there are often more people sitting in it plus wet coats, washing and the likes stashed in it these all add to the moisture in there, I would recommend our Kampa without any hesitation.

BP
On our Kampa Air Ace we had side doors open and every possible vent opened as much as possible and still had condensation. No sitting in awning or wet clothes hanging up in awning.
Strangely not much of a problem with our 220 Kampa air porch awning and we are happy with it even though vents are sparse. We only use the 220 in the winter.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Sorry to be a pain but after selling my Kampa air awning today,I've been looking at the photos I have of it when it was on our caravan last month.
I've enclosed the picture and if you look at the top right hand corner where the awning "wing" is,I'm wondering now if an Isabella 400 would fit with the protruding wing.
The Kampa was a 390 and the left hand side fitted perfectly between the door and front (side)window.
I suppose the only thing to do(if the Isabella 400)is too long,is to go over the side window.
Any thoughts please?.20210910_110136_resize_41.jpg20210910_110123_resize_24.jpg

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to be a pain but after selling my Kampa air awning today,I've been looking at the photos I have of it when it was on our caravan last month.
I've enclosed the picture and if you look at the top right hand corner where the awning "wing" is,I'm wondering now if an Isabella 400 would fit with the protruding wing.
The Kampa was a 390 and the left hand side fitted perfectly between the door and front (side)window.
I suppose the only thing to do(if the Isabella 400)is too long,is to go over the side window.
Any thoughts please?.View attachment 2401View attachment 2402
On my Sprite because the section between the front frame of the door and the nearside window was so narrow ( another caravan design plus point) I had no option but to allow the front side of the awning to cover part of the window. So before putting the awning up I would always use a wet J cloth to wipe the window clean and the awning leading upright foam support clean. I also had small metal restraints (awning rail stoppers) in the awning rail that pushed up tight to the top section of the awning when screwed tight these effectively stopped the awning moving side to side. In three years had no sign of scratches on the window

A673536D-5F71-44D5-83B8-2691B3B4871B.jpeg

A320D6BF-ABFF-4F12-80EA-4F5A29F37506.jpeg

Reactions: GeorgeandAde

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
From my experience the measurements on websites are not helpful. Some give the front width of a porch awning, while the width at the back ( ie at the caravan) may be less. Some give the width of the entire Kador, whilst some will give you the width between the the awning walls and the extra wing bits separately. For example I have barely 240 cm of straight rail on my Xplore 302 but a 250 cm wide Vango will fit because the of the kador wings. Sadly there is no substitute for legging around to an awning display and measuring it all up.
Unless, of course, there is someone on here with the awning you would like, and they will measure it for you.
mel

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Mel.
I didn't realise the measurements maybe the front or rear.
Maybe phone an Isabella supplier to find out.
I think Attwools near Gloucester have one on display.
Perhaps a trip out there may be a good idea.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Any thoughts please?.
Instead of the 400 go for the 340? That should resolve the issue. Ours is the 340 on our Buccaneer and we find there is ample room for table, chairs etc.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thank you Buckman.
Yes,that would be a good idea only problem is,wifey doesn't really want to go any smaller than the 390.
Also,I'm not sure if the 340 may "foul" the rear external locker.
I'm down the storage compound this Friday,so will take the tape measure and have a look.
Will have to measure the width between the door catch and side window,and see how far the 340 reaches along the rear locker.20200918_092411_compress90_resize_26.jpg

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thank you Buckman.
Yes,that would be a good idea only problem is,wifey doesn't really want to go any smaller than the 390.
Also,I'm not sure if the 340 may "foul" the rear external locker.
I'm down the storage compound this Friday,so will take the tape measure and have a look.
Will have to measure the width between the door catch and side window,and see how far the 340 reaches along the rear locker.
I see your issue. Your door opens towards the front which creates a problem as you have no adjustment to move the awning froward or back. Our door opens so that it covers the fridge vents so not an issue.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Just returned from storage compound armed with a tape measure.
The 340 will foul the rear locker door by about 3 inches.
The 400 would fit perfectly.
The wife came with me and commented that the 400 at approx.£1,750,would not really be much smaller than a full awning,plus have the advantage of having both ends actually threaded into the awning rail to minimise draughts between awning and caravan wall.
She wonders if a Dorema,Bradcot etc.. may be about the same price.
Decisions,decisions.🤔

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The wife came with me and commented that the 400 at approx.£1,750,would not really be much smaller than a full awning,plus have the advantage of having both ends actually threaded into the awning rail to minimise draughts between awning and caravan wall.
Decisions,decisions.🤔
But as I found when you have the midi size it can be moved between caravans without having to shell out shedloads of cash.

Reactions: Kevin M and Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Decisions,decisions.🤔
We have the Magnum and it fits up flush against the side of the caravan so no issue with draughts. A full awning would be a lot heavier to carry around and take longer to erect.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Decisions,decisions.🤔
it only a suggestion so don"t jump on me Isabella Universal Dawn 360 Porch Awning it might be suitable for your caravan

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Thank you otherclive,Buckman and Beachball.

True,a midi size awning should fit most vans if we ever decided to change.

I agree about the extra weight but wifey has strong shoulders🤭

Good suggestion about the 360,but we dont really want to go smaller than a 390.

We have plenty of time to decide so will just keep browsing.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you otherclive,Buckman and Beachball.

True,a midi size awning should fit most vans if we ever decided to change.

I agree about the extra weight but wifey has strong shoulders🤭

Good suggestion about the 360,but we dont really want to go smaller than a 390.

We have plenty of time to decide so will just keep browsing.
Hi Ade I would keep looking at awnings and decide which would suit your caravan good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts