ITN

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
didn't see the programe, but again amazed by responses.

i think it was saying, whilst vans and buses, really are needed

and therefore the risks involved with these vehicles,do exists,

they are far more exceptable than people living in cities,with

tarmack roads needing such big impractical vehicles as 4x4's.

ofcourse, now if everyone had one, then it wouldn't be a

problem, we could all site in the traffic jams and have a picnic.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What exactly does the name 4X4 stand for? Morgan used to make a 4/4 sports car which stood for 4 wheels and 4 cylinders because the early ones had 3 wheels and 2 cylinders and I assume one of the 4's in 4X4 means 4 wheel drive but whats the other one for, is it mpg?!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What exactly does the name 4X4 stand for? Morgan used to make a 4/4 sports car which stood for 4 wheels and 4 cylinders because the early ones had 3 wheels and 2 cylinders and I assume one of the 4's in 4X4 means 4 wheel drive but whats the other one for, is it mpg?!!
What car do you drive Jim?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I drive a 2x1, a 2wd Vectra/Volvo/Fiesta and a bicyle which is my prefered option but its a b----r on hills!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I drive a 2x1, a 2wd Vectra/Volvo/Fiesta and a bicyle which is my prefered option but its a b----r on hills!
2x1? Is that a two wheel drive that does 1 mpg? No, I know it isn't. Are you happy with your choice of cars? I hope you are, I hope you wasn't pressurised into buying something you don't want.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
2x1? Is that a two wheel drive that does 1 mpg? No, I know it isn't. Are you happy with your choice of cars? I hope you are, I hope you wasn't pressurised into buying something you don't want.
No pressure Lol ( except from She who must be obeyed, isnt that right Dear?). I suspect you have guessed where my sympathies lie! Damn, what gave me away?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No pressure Lol ( except from She who must be obeyed, isnt that right Dear?). I suspect you have guessed where my sympathies lie! Damn, what gave me away?
Your example of the Morgan, very much chalk and cheese where 4x4's are concerned, that and the 4x4 mpg bit...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol, I thought it was best to return to the original topic because commenting on a comment of a comment etc we get further and further away and we may fall of the edge of the internet into the great void---! I think your "chalk and cheese" comparison is probably very appropriate. I've never owned a 4X4 but I had a Morgan 4/4 many years ago. I bought it as a wreck and spent 3 years rebuilding it from the chassis up. The result was worth every minute (and every penny!)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim, always fancied one myself despite the bone jarring ride and a frame made out of Ash (where would the tow bar go?), and as an investment I'm willing to bet its pretty much depreciation proof. Do like the sound of the Rover V8 burbling away in front but crash protection must be a worry. Did you see the restoration project on TV the other night of an earlier Morgan? Very informative and good to see a classic British car put back on the roads.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The sliding pillar front suspension was a very old design and wore out very quickly if you didnt keep it greased but worked quite well. The car has a Z section steel chassis so its easy to fit a tow bar (the ash frame is just for the body) but I havent seen many cars with one fitted. The model with the Rover V8 is the Plus 8 (fantastic car!), mine was a 4/4 with a much smaller Ford engine but that was not really important, it was just a great "FUN" car. Not sure about the investment appeal, I sold mine for a deposit on a house, and that has done very nicely thank you. As far as crash protection goes, I am not sure how good it is but I suspect that if you drive a vintage style car you will get vintage style protection!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts