Its that time of year.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I am a big advocate of advising new caravanners not to rush out and buy every gadget or accessory they can find, rather take your first trip and see what you actually need. Its good solid advice.

So why is it then that at this time of year, Thingy, he of the sound advice, finds himself trawling through Ebay and the online accessory shops looking for the next great white elephant to buy. Its an addiction. I guess we all have it and it drives my wife mad. So I wonder what its going to be next........................watch this space.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I know how you feel, I was looking for an item in my thoroughly disorganised cupboards I use to store all my business paperwork and I found a £40 gift voucher for our local caravan dealer, I couldn’t even remember who bought it for me, but now I can’t wait to go to the said dealer and buy something that I don’t need, won’t use! but I’ll carry it on the caravan for the next year!
Less than 6 weeks to our first outing in the caravan so there MUST be something I desperately need.

BP

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Beehpee said:
I know how you feel, I was looking for an item in my thoroughly disorganised cupboards I use to store all my business paperwork and I found a £40 gift voucher for our local caravan dealer, I couldn’t even remember who bought it for me, but now I can’t wait to go to the said dealer and buy something that I don’t need, won’t use! but I’ll carry it on the caravan for the next year!
Less than 6 weeks to our first outing in the caravan so there MUST be something I desperately need.

BP

We are starting to pack for a house move. Can’t believe that SWMBO has taken kids games out of a wardrobe that haven’t been used for years. Our kids won’t see 45 again, and grandkids range from 26-14! And they are coming with us the games that is.
I’m sure that if I look hard enough I will find some tins of cassoulet that have been on some return trips to France-UK. The 4 minute warning cupboard has morphed into the no deal Brexit store.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Currently looking at a round wheel ramp, yeah no kidding and a washing pole that could give Jodrell Bank a scare.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We managed to visit the Glasgow show this year and not buy anything but we usually do buy. We did buy some plastic grips for getting off wet pitches many years ago and they are still in the wrapping as we never needed them.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Raywood said:
We managed to visit the Glasgow show this year and not buy anything but we usually do buy. We did buy some plastic grips for getting off wet pitches many years ago and they are still in the wrapping as we never needed them.

I bought some of those grip mats after getting stuck in the Bug Jam parking field a few years ago. They have never been used!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
Raywood said:

I bought some of those grip mats after getting stuck in the Bug Jam parking field a few years ago. They have never been used!

It seems they work on sods law. If you do not have them then you get stuck, once you have them you never need them!

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Thingy said:
I am a big advocate of advising new caravanners not to rush out and buy every gadget or accessory they can find, rather take your first trip and see what you actually need. Its good solid advice.

So why is it then that at this time of year, Thingy, he of the sound advice, finds himself trawling through Ebay and the online accessory shops looking for the next great white elephant to buy. Its an addiction. I guess we all have it and it drives my wife mad. So I wonder what its going to be next........................watch this space.

My payload will not bear much more in way of touring accessories... A [strike]rain maker[/strike] clothes airer may be my next purchase for longer stays. But I have just purchased a microfibre noodle mitt on an extra long pole to assist with washing the caravan to avoid scratching the Hekis/sunroof. It's much longer than the standard brush on a pole (the type with the hose connector that never works and just leaks) I was using for the roof so should allow me to clean the whole roof from the more accessible side.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Raywood said:
CustardAvenger said:
Raywood said:

It seems they work on sods law. If you do not have them then you get stuck, once you have them you never need them!

Yeah! Like my CrossClimate tyres. They are keeping the snow away from me!

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
When we first started I thought I would get as much as I could so we bought a milenco wheel ramp in case we ever went on an uneven pitch but up untill till a few months ago ( after 5 years ) had never been used so I gave it to my mate who has a VW campervan !

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
When we first started I thought I would get as much as I could so we bought a milenco wheel ramp in case we ever went on an uneven pitch but up untill till a few months ago ( after 5 years ) had never been used so I gave it to my mate who has a VW campervan !

I bought one of The Milenco aluminium, wind up leveler, waste of money for me, sinks into the soft ground. It might be handy if your on a seasonal pitch.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Raywood said:
CustardAvenger said:
Raywood said:

I needed to use mine on a CL near Penrith. They were shot out rearwards by the front Cross Climates as I’d forgotten to peg them down. Tried a second time with them pegged but the ground was too wet and again they moved backwards. So I uncoupled the van and the car came off solo, and the vans mover helped it to exit the site once I had relieved the noseweight to nearly zero.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts