Jeep Commander

RJC

Jul 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin

Sorry for the delay in responding I was away last week in the caravan - towing it for the first time with the Commander.

The car is quite superb both solo and towing. We towed the caravan from our home just outside Glasgow up to Aviemore and from there on to Ballater. The quickest way from Aviemore to Ballater is over the "Lecht" (part of this road is the infamous Cockbridge to Tomintoul road that frequently gets blocked by snow). The Commander towed our twin axle Senator with no effort at all.

All in all had a great week (the weather was quite superb).

Just driven the car back to Dublin (I work here during the week and leave it over here and fly back and forth at the weekends). I have done over 2,000 miles in it since I got it at the beginning of March and must admit that I am very impressed. I went for the optional "Entertainment pack" and am still finding new "toys" that I didn't know it had!!

How are you getting on with yours?

Cheers

RichardC

Jan 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi Colin

Sorry for the delay in responding I was away last week in the caravan - towing it for the first time with the Commander.

The car is quite superb both solo and towing. We towed the caravan from our home just outside Glasgow up to Aviemore and from there on to Ballater. The quickest way from Aviemore to Ballater is over the "Lecht" (part of this road is the infamous Cockbridge to Tomintoul road that frequently gets blocked by snow). The Commander towed our twin axle Senator with no effort at all.

All in all had a great week (the weather was quite superb).

Just driven the car back to Dublin (I work here during the week and leave it over here and fly back and forth at the weekends). I have done over 2,000 miles in it since I got it at the beginning of March and must admit that I am very impressed. I went for the optional "Entertainment pack" and am still finding new "toys" that I didn't know it had!!

How are you getting on with yours?

Cheers

RichardC
Hi Richard

i have done 5500 in my commander since November and it just gets better and better the only problem is when ever I park it up i get loads of questions like what is that I thought it was a Humber.

but i can live with that as i still smile when i turn the key.

Oh yes and i need step ladders to clean the roof

P.S have you gone on the Jeep web site they are giving away 200 free places for an off road day to Jeep owners.

just got my confirmation going on 2/5/07 to Tong in Bradford.

happy new Jeep

Colin

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Colin & Richard,

Just got back from 2 weeks in the south of France with 7 up towing nearly 1500kgs. What a car!! No effort at all towing no matter what hills are thrown at it. All 5 children could watch the DVD which kept them entertained for hours. Everybody stares at it, somebody hit it (minor bumper damage and no note!) The rear camera makes life easier for setting up. Managed to get 32mpg solo from Cannes to Frejus. Towing was about 20-22 at 70mph with cruise control on.

RJC

Jul 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin

Yes I am booked into the off-road event in Greystokes, Cumbria on 9th June. I am looking forward to it.

Hi Michael

Glad you are enjoying the Commander as well. Haven't really measured it but I doubt I am getting the mpg you are quoting. Will do an exercise to measure.

Cheers

Richard

TRENDING THREADS