Jockey Wheel Punctured in France - 3 kings Andelys

Dec 30, 2018
Visit site
HELP IS ANYONE NEARBY?
We are currently at Three Kings in Andelys
Is anyone familiar with this area.
Disaster with the jockey wheel.
Puncture last week in Stratford on Avon.
Bought complete new Alko Jockey with hard tyre and post.
Just come down from Calais this afternoon.
And the new post had snapped off, no wheel in sight.
Post was secured and the top, checked three times before setting out this morning.
Luckily the old post and punctured wheel where in the boot. Managed to get on the pitch using foam can
Went flat in five minutes.
Is anyone nearby and do you have any suggestions where I can buy another wheel or get the flat one plugged. Does anyone have a spare jockey wheel I can bye!
Thanks in advance.
Elwyn

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried googling caravan shops or outlets nr your location , my charger went a few years ago in France and i had to shop around for a few hours . Got sorted in the end .

Good luck .

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I would have thought that the site manager would know of a tyre repair shop, or a caravan supplies or trailer dealer in the area.

Google maps shows plenty of farmland in the area so I am guessing that a farm equipment supplies outlet is not too far away.

May 11, 2017
Visit site
When we completely lost our jockey wheel somewhere between Salbris and Le Lot, we asked a neighbouring caravanner for help when we arrived... they lent us theirs to get us on the pitch (and I recall plied us with cold beer/wine) and then when things had calmed down we found a local caravan shop and nipped out to buy one. Very frustrating at the time but in hindsight easily overcome. And we made great friends with the neighbours and now go away for weekends together, so a happy ending.

It's a 'roue jockey' in French.

Good luck!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would be very surprised if the car tyre repair slime fixes the jockey wheel as the majority of jockey wheels are tubed , not tubeless.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
I would be very surprised if the car tyre repair slime fixes the jockey wheel as the majority of jockey wheels are tubed , not tubeless.

The slime tyre stuff normally need rotation and heat to seal the tube or tubeless punctures

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Damian-Moderator said:

The slime tyre stuff normally need rotation and heat to seal the tube or tubeless punctures

Agree , i think Google , like i said before and reception for local info like another has said .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts