Jockey wheel

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I bought the 'Ultimate Caravan Jockey Wheel' via CAMC but looked at the Kartt website for the detailed information. I thought it was clear enough.
The relevant specifications are as per these screen grabs:-

View attachment 4837
View attachment 4838
Both those weights are incorrect for the ribbed 2023 Jockey wheel. As you will see from the link the weight is not mentioned. The parcel arrived stating it was 10kg in weight and when I weighed the unit, it was just under 10kg.

However it seems that time will tell if we have made the correct decision buying the ribbed one. Hopefully we have because the assembly really looks the business.

Having look again at the website I clicked on the Buy Now which then took me to the page with all the jockey wheels and on that page no weights. If I had scrolled further down on the previous page I would have seen the weight which is supposed to be 7.6kg, but isn't. (y) :D

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020
Visit site
Buckman,
The part number you link to is the same (KJW4809W) as the ribbed item in my post .
Either, the stated weight is wrong or, possibly, you've been sent the wrong item i.e. something like below, from their heavy duty trailer range.
Mick
Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 12.22.17.png

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Buckman,
The part number you link to is the same (KJW4809W) as the ribbed item in my post .
Either, the stated weight is wrong or, possibly, you've been sent the wrong item i.e. something like below, from their heavy duty trailer range.
Mick
Thanks. I selected it from the caravan section. Stranegly when I purchased the unit, the first acknowledgement after purchase was UPS advising that they had collected the unit. No invoice or even an email from Kartt acknowledging the order? No invoice in or attached the box in which it arrived.

The new Karrt assembly also looks like the caravan one(KJW4809W) as it does not have the chain thingy hanging off it. However bathrooms scales are not known for the accuracy despite what many people will tell you. LOL! :D

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks. I selected it from the caravan section. Stranegly when I purchased the unit, the first acknowledgement after purchase was UPS advising that they had collected the unit. No invoice or even an email from Kartt acknowledging the order? No invoice in or attached the box in which it arrived.

The new Karrt assembly also looks like the caravan one(KJW4809W) as it does not have the chain thingy hanging off it. However bathrooms scales are not known for the accuracy despite what many people will tell you. LOL! :D
May I ask how much it cost. As you know I changed mine recently but for a direct Al-ko model.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
May I ask how much it cost. As you know I changed mine recently but for a direct Al-ko model.
The ribbed on is £99 before delivery, but if a CAMC member it is about £10 cheaper before delivery cost however according to CAMC who pass the order onto Prima it can take up to a week for delivery. Very easy to fit. Took me longer to get the old ALKO out as it would not come apart.

Reactions: Dustydog
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If your not satisfied with the weight of the unit and its apparently different to the Karrt's data, then rather than complaining about it here, correspond with your seller or the manufacturer for clarification.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
If your not satisfied with the weight of the unit and its apparently different to the Karrt's data, then rather than complaining about it here, correspond with your seller or the manufacturer for clarification.
Not sure he is complaining, just weighing up if the extra quality and functionality, are worth the weight penalty.

John

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It was a bit of an experiment and Karrt are supposedly high end bits of kit.It wont take him long to move a few things to maintain his chosen NL. I didn’t take his posts as complaints , more points of discussion.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It was a bit of an experiment and Karrt are supposedly high end bits of kit.It wont take him long to move a few things to maintain his chosen NL. I didn’t take his posts as complaints , more points of discussion.
Thank you are both John and yourself are correct. Unfortunately I was not aware that people are not allow to complain on this forum and that it is against the rules of the forum? Learn something new every day! :unsure:

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Are you complaining about not being allowed to complain. :)

I didn't read anything that seemed like a complaint but whatever the point was it could be a lesson for someone else going through the same process.

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thank you are both John and yourself are correct. Unfortunately I was not aware that people are not allow to complain on this forum and that it is against the rules of the forum? Learn something new every day! :unsure:
Stop being silly and sarcastic, the Prof made a valid suggestion.
If you're going to start quoting forum rules, have a look at the one that reads:

• 'Avoid "calling out" or attacking specific brands or companies in an effort to shame them with your experience. Take specific complaints directly to that company so they can work with you to resolve it.'

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Stop being silly and sarcastic, the Prof made a valid suggestion.
If you're going to start quoting forum rules, have a look at the one that reads:

• 'Avoid "calling out" or attacking specific brands or companies in an effort to shame them with your experience. Take specific complaints directly to that company so they can work with you to resolve it.'
I was not aware that I was attacking the company in question although I did mention that I was unable to find the weight on their webpage.

I apologise as I also did not realise that we should not be naming the brand of any caravan or the manufacturer of any parts associated with the caravan if there is a problem with the unit in question.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Buckman.
I've got better things to do with my life than to become involved in childish arguments with you.
The thing that you're 'not aware' of is how you come across as an argumentative sarcastic individual when you try to score points over other forum members.
Most forum members have to put up with your sarcasm and antagonistic remarks.
Unfortunately for you, I don't.
You now have a choice.
You can either stop trying to score points from my warning to you, or you can continue and face a forum ban, because I've lost patience with having to deal with your outbursts.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I am not sure why you are constantly attacking me and making accusations that are probably incorrect. Like others on this forum I have always tried to help people on this forum and offer valid advice however on numerous occasions myself and others have been belittled by a certain individual, but it seems they are never reprimanded.

Having said this I will voluntary leave the forum. Thanks to all those that have offered advice in the past and in a way it will be sad to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts