Just a hello post!

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi all. I've been lurking the forum for a few weeks, and I'm well impressed with the knowledge, friendliness, and most of all the banter....
I thought it would be rude not to join.
I bought my first caravan in September last year. Managed 4 long weekends away, before Xmas was up on us. It's been led up since then, and I'm looking forward to getting away in it towards the end of this month.
I'm more of a long weekend caravaner, as I'm self employed, and taking weeks off at a time is not easy.
Roll on the 2017 trips...

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome Cotty, I hope you han't had too many bad experiences, I am sure some of the very New folk on here would like to hear about more of them . I have also not been out since November due to lots of differnt things, enjoy.
Hutch.

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
Cheers Hutch.
Few minor mishaps, but it all a learning curve.
Didn't realise you had to fill the toilet via the flap outside....thought it fed from the waterhog!
Bought a nice little flat screen TV for the van, set it up....NO coax!
Electric tripping every time the kettle went on...solved with a gas kettle, purchased with the coax!
Didn't realise you had to press the cooker knobs in to start the gas!
I could go on and on and on....

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Cotty said:
Cheers Hutch.
Few minor mishaps, but it all a learning curve.
Didn't realise you had to fill the toilet via the flap outside....thought it fed from the waterhog!
Bought a nice little flat screen TV for the van, set it up....NO coax!
Electric tripping every time the kettle went on...solved with a gas kettle, purchased with the coax!
Didn't realise you had to press the cooker knobs in to start the gas!
I could go on and on and on....

A|ll part of the fun of it I hope :) , Welcome.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to the Forun Cotty

Glad you have learnt where the flush tanks is . Don't forget you have to empty the waste too ;)
Sounds like you could do with an Owners Manual.
What make model and year do you have?
A lot of the ancilliary equipment is common to most caravans so we should be able to help with the details if you wish

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts