Just saying Hi

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking on this site on and off for a few months and I must say I have found it very informative and very helpful.

I have been married for 5 years and spent the last 4 trying to convince my new hubby that caravanning is a great way to holiday.

We bought a 1995 Compass Concours 2 in March, with a nearly new Dorema Awning. Although it is old it is in really good condition. I decided we had better practice putting the awning up before we went away and was gutted to find that the main section had been chewed by mice. As it was the day before we were going away I bought an Isabella Statesman out of the local paper, it did the job but was old and well used so we have now bought a new Dorema Montana Lux and managed to sell the Isabella on Ebay. At present we are having a 4 day break and its lovely. It doesnt matter that its rained today, it tested the new awning, 100% waterproof. My hubby is spending his day fishing and his evening with a few cans of guiness, Iv cooked some nice meals for him and he thinks its brill. 4 years nagging and moaning has paid off, I hadnt realised just how much I missed having a caravan, but one thing for sure, I wont be without one again.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Denise

Welcome to the forum, congratulations and well done on your Compass and in convincing your husband to try caravanning. I'd imagine that he wished that he'd listened to you in the first place what with the fishing, the Guinness and the home cooking!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts