just upgraded from a tent

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

My name is Steve, I have two young kids, and a wife. We have just bought our first van. An Avondale 556/6, we had our first weekend in it last weekend. We had a great weekend even though it was 2 inches deep in snow.

I have been asking alot of questions on the tow car part of the forum as i have just found out that my car does not quite have what it takes once we are not on the highway.

Hope everyone has a good summer in their vans .

Steve

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi steve, we bought our first van the same as yours in oct 2005. we had a new 307 sw went to pick the van up and the car almost sunk, i could only just get my hand under the back tyre. we didnt feel safe towing with it.we felt the van would rip the back end out of the car.so the car went back and we bought a m reg vauxhall monterey (same as a trooper).they will pull a house we have no regrets about getting rid of the 307 sw.what anoys me is that when you purchase a new van they dont tell you the avondales are nose heavy.if you need any advice just post a message.thanks jo-anne

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Steve

Welcome to the vanning fraternity! We started out tenting but never looked back after we bought our first caravan. She was an 'old lady' but very well built (and had some age to her!). The previous owners had fitted a fridge. Great, never had one of those in a tent. However, we found the fridge had 'legs' when travelling and 'walked' to the front of the caravan on every journey. We will never forget it. She was just wonderful. Doubt that you will ever miss tenting after your first night in your van.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts