Kampa Rapid 260 Porch Awning

Jul 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

We've just bought our first new (to us B) ) caravan and needed to get all the basics so that we could get away this weekend.
With very little budget left we went for the Kampa Rapid 260 Porch Awning. In actual fact it seemed very good for the price. The only thing I noticed was we were on a very windy campsite and it did flap a bit in the wind.

I have seen that there are Kampa Awning rear upright poles that look like they fit to the pads that sit on the side of the caravan.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they worth the £20?

Thanks

Mike

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I have had a 390 for many years and yes get the rear upright poles, also available are the storm poles for the roof, get them as well oh and get the storm straps as well,
It will be worth it mine has been up in many a gale and stayed there all be it a bit nervy at times,

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
forget the poles........go for the Kampa limpet system......just retro fitted it to our air ace awning and can say that it performed brilliant, creating a perfect seal against the side of the van....

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
We also have the 'Limpet' system for our Kampa, and yes they do stick like limpets, excellent. But beware: there are stories on another forum that you have to be careful not to put them on decals or transfers, as people have reported that they are strong enough to damage decals/transfers, even pulling them off.

Jul 2, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for all of the advise.

From memory I don't think that our Rapid (poled version) has the small rear wall flaps to fit the limpets on to?
It jus has the pads that sit up against the side of the caravan. Unless I'm missing them??

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Whilst having limited knowledge of lightweight awnings, apart from selling one after a weekend away, it does seem as if there are an awful lot of extras to buy. At least with an ordinary poled awning you get back legs and storm straps are less of an issue. We withstood Doris this year without needing the storm straps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts