Kanga

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
Kanga

How bizarre!

I thought you had died.

Well, I'll lend Tina my digital camera so she can take some photos of you at Henley. You could always come to Lincolnsire for new year if you want a real woman.

I want you to promise you'll be more respectful towards me from now on and I won't critisise (sorry been on the wine all night) I won't critisise your spelling in the future. Deal?

Lisa.
Keep drinking the wine, your my kinda gal!

(sorry Tina for two timing ya, but I am a fella after all and have no self control!)

May 25, 2005
Visit site
I have been on jollies!!!! Can anyone tell me exactly why Kango was despatched? I wasn't upset by his responses - perhaps because I a don't get upset with people who don't agree with me!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quote by CliveV "LRe (a land rover forum) was dropped by the LRe mag recently. It seems that the forum became more of a problem than an asset.

The clock could well be ticking here."

Don't get me started on that old chestnut!

Unfortunately Mr Richard Green, one of the main men at LRe never did see the benefit in having a forum that was allied to the magazine. He very rarely if ever visited the place but despised it nonetheless. A forum relies on it's individual characters good and otherwise for it's many and varied content. He seemed to think that it could survive solely on technical posts and that any off topic stuff should be deleted. This unnecessary censorship either turned people away or just encouraged them to push the boundaries even more. Needless to say a short while ago he decided that the LRe Forum should be closed with immediate effect (basically all the toys out of the pram at once) and it was only the guys in the background such as Les, Bigfoot and Geoff plus the old NA Admin team that managed to salvage what you see now when you visit Land Rover Addict. The tech archive is an absolute goldmine of information to LR owners and has thankfully all been saved.

I can understand peoples exasperation at certain individuals behaviour but it's all part of the rich tapestry of life I guess.

I do however echo Clive's sentiments with regard to the possibly wearing patience of 'the powers that be'. Rile them up too much and you'll lose it all.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
It was a bit harsh totally banning Kanga. O.K. maybe it was wrong to call MOD another Idi Amin but he did say that Idi Amin was a misunderstood person (personally I cant see how) so in a way he was saying a nice thing by saying that the MOD was a misunderstood person. Well maybe it was an attempt by Kanga to suck up to the MOD afterwards and the MOD didnt accept it but it wasn't bad enough for a total ban. If a punishment is needed give a timeout of a week but in this case 1 day was sufficient. In the MSN site I frequent I'm always getting gagged (even angels get gagged) but its no biggy. On that site some of the MODERATORS really are Idi Amins, wannabe Hitlers or Napoleons with delusions of grandeur but this MOD isnt so MR or MS MOD let Kanga back else it will be one less for me to disagree with. Now thats the best suckup line I can come up with without kissing MODS aspidestra and I'm not doing that in case the MOD is a male because I'm not that way inclined and I have my street cred to think about.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave and everyone else!

Dave you know I said it was strange that at work I couldn't log in, yet at home I could post, yes we found out today by e-mailing the mod that he had decided to strike my account. Well at home as you know I have a computer that runs the unix operating system which never ever crashes and doesn't need to be shut down so i keep constantly logged onto the forum WELL I'm still logged on!

This does mean i can't post from work in the lunch but it does mean I can post from home! Yeeeeha!

I would like to say many thanks to all those that took the time and effort in posting their support for me, it was very heartening .......... a big mushy kiss for all concerned, well the sheila's anyhow!

Dave I will be having words monday............... "Adonis" "a bit" I'll have your p45 ready!

Some might be asking what have i done to deserve being struck off? as you say of late i had not been so extreme, this being due to me and Clive agreeing to disagree.

What many users may not know is that the Mod is now deleting lots of postings and not just mine, but anything that does not keep to the thread. So any little funny comment that creates a laugh is deleted, any double entendre, any innuendo is taken off or the so called offending item is removed from the posting, so that you will find your posting only contains that which refers to the thread.

I have been e-mailing the Mod complaining about this without much success, so I resorted to likening him to Idi Amin, this didn't go down too well, especially when I said that Idi was a misunderstood person! The final showdown came when i posted accusing him of treating the forum like a nanny state and treating us all like children. There was support from users who don't get involved in the banter and to the Mods shame he removed this criticism of him ............ isn't that just what dictators do?

Anyhow as lol says I will find a way to get back and obviously have, I will now continue at my free will to openly criticise the moderation of this forum until the right balance is achieved.

Perhaps Mr Mod you would like to e-mail me to discuss this matter further? Please be aware I will not log off and so will be able to post as I wish, albeit only in the evenings.
To correct two points:

1. I do not delete messages that drift from the topic. I only delete messages that contrave our forum etiquette, or contain personal abuse or sexual inuendo likely to cause offence.

2. I deleted the personal insults to myself just as I would personal insults to any other forum user.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts