Karcher fold up

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Ten litres is a fraction over 2 gallons, so not very much at all.
I would view this item as a solution made to address a problem that realistically, doesn't exist. I certainly won't be investing £100 in something to do I job that I have used a bucket and sponge to do for decades. (My arm doesn't need recharging every time its used either.

As always, thats my personal opinion, others (with more money than me)!doubtless will feel differently

Reactions: Bluetonic
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Ten litres is a fraction over 2 gallons, so not very much at all.
I would view this item as a solution made to address a problem that realistically, doesn't exist. I certainly won't be investing £100 in something to do I job that I have used a bucket and sponge to do for decades. (My arm doesn't need recharging every time its used either.

As always, thats my personal opinion, others (with more money than me)!doubtless will feel differently
I agree that the 10 litres is not very much, but should be enough to do front and side or rear and side. It is certainly worth a think for some however if you cannot add a snow foam gun not much point for us. Manually washing down the caravan for either of us is not a possibility.

Our storage does have a wash bay for caravans, but every time we come back from a trip the bay is occupied. From where we are located in the storage compound, the tap is less than 100m away so no issue replenishing it or alternatively using the aquaroll for water.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Word make a cordless that gets excellent reviews and has a good batttery life. More expensive than fold up Karcher.

Parkers rated the Worx top as did Practical Mechanics, as did a couple of other reviews. It’s on my Christmas list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mel
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Word make a cordless that gets excellent reviews and has a good batttery life. More expensive than fold up Karcher.

Auto express rated the Worx top as did Practical Mechanics, as did a couple of other reviews. It’s on my Christmas list.

Is that MS Word? :ROFLMAO:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Ha ha. There has to be one 🙈
Here’s another review by Parkers might help your deliberations

We would only look at the cordless if it could handle the snow cannon otherwise a bit pointless for us. The Ryobi 18v ONE+ 22bar seems to be the about right including the price. It would be used mainly around the caravan, but trying to justify buying one for the odd occasion doesn't gel well.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I think you would need very high pressure to activate snow foam. This one doesn’t even quote the pressure, just that it is low. The pictures even show a dog being washed directly from the jet.

10 Larson @ 2 litres /min will give 5 mins.

It might be good for someone who does scrambling or BMX so they can clean before coming home.

Now seems to be £119.99

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I think you would need very high pressure to activate snow foam. This one doesn’t even quote the pressure, just that it is low. The pictures even show a dog being washed directly from the jet.

10 Larson @ 2 litres /min will give 5 mins.

It might be good for someone who does scrambling or BMX so they can clean before coming home.

Now seems to be £119.99

John
When using our Archer K4 I use the low pressure setting. However this unit only has the one fitting and not interchangeable. Probably why it is a slow seller. Code on front page Outdoor20 gives the discount.

If we were to invest in a portable pressure washer, we would probably got for the Ryobi cordless.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
For cleaning the front of our caravan I use the bucket and sponge method and then rinse down using the outside shower hose from the Truma housing

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Have also been looking at cordless pressure washers because, although there is a tap at our storage there is no washing bay with hose pipe. There is room to wash a van in its space or by pulling it forwards a bit. There are a number about including some on Amazon for sub £50, but would wonder about the quality. Worx and Titan get good reviews. Would obviously need one that allows more of a hosepipe strength spray than proper pressure. Worx seem to need an additional attachment to deploy detergent but does have a variety of spray pressures. Be interested to hear about others experience of using one.
Mel

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Call me a dinosaur but imo caravans and any form of pressure washer don’t mix. Caravans leak in normal rain never mind water under pressure!

Depends how close you get with the jet, it loses pressure very quickly as the distance between it, and whatever the water is hitting, gets

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Are Worx the Aldi ones? If so be aware that accessories don’t seem to be available. I have a corded Worx pressure washer and so far have been unable to buy any other accessories as the fitting is different to Karcher etc

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Are Worx the Aldi ones? If so be aware that accessories don’t seem to be available. I have a corded Worx pressure washer and so far have been unable to buy any other accessories as the fitting is different to Karcher etc
What spares are you after, a quick google brings a few bits up

Reactions: GaryB
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I was looking for a sand blasting attachment but drew a blank. Karcher do one and I bought one to see if I could adapt it to fit but while the fixings look similar they’re quite different and nowhere near compatible.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Worx make a large range of power tools for home and professional use. They are a Chinese company. The products are sold widely but I’ve not seen them retailed by Aldi. One of their cordless mowers is on my future buy list when the Alko petrol one finally gives up. Although at present our grass is long and my wife can’t start it, whilst I’m on light duties no more than 2 kg weight. Which rules out getting a full 4 pint of milk from the fridge. 😂

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have seen some Worx accessories on Amazon and ebay good luck

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
So if a pressure washer has to be kept substantial distance from the caravan to minimise the pressure, where's the advantage over a conventional hose at low pressure?
I would never use a full pressure spray on the van 😲The ones I have looked at can spray at low pressure and can suck up water from a bucket or aquaroll. The advantage for us is that we can clean the van at the storage site ( there is a tap to get water but not a hose pipe and washing space); they use less water than washing by bucket so there is less refilling; and are generally quite portable. Wouldn’t take it away to a caravan site with me but could be jolly useful at our storage compound.
Mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
So if a pressure washer has to be kept substantial distance from the caravan to minimise the pressure, where's the advantage over a conventional hose at low pressure?
Our pressure washer has a low spray facility plus I can use a snow gun. However with a cordless you are not confined to the location of EHU or a tap so big advantage over hose pipe.

Reactions: Mel and otherclive
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have just taken the plunge. I have looked at getting a Stanley washer for a while but not felt that £150 is reasonable for the use I would put it to.

I went for Stanley because I have other Stanley tools and batteries. But I really wanted a bare bones one as I have enough batteries. But for some reason, Stanley only sell with a 4amp battery.

Yesterday, I spotted that Stanley have a small number of refurbished units through their EBay shop for £85 (probably returns). So it is ordered.

I am under no illusions that is will match the performance of my mains powered machine. But should be so much easier to keep the patios tidy, and wash the car. Well that’s the hope.

If we still had the caravan, I think it would have worked well in storage.

John

Reactions: Mel
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have just taken the plunge. I have looked at getting a Stanley washer for a while but not felt that £150 is reasonable for the use I would put it to.

I went for Stanley because I have other Stanley tools and batteries. But I really wanted a bare bones one as I have enough batteries. But for some reason, Stanley only sell with a 4amp battery.

Yesterday, I spotted that Stanley have a small number of refurbished units through their EBay shop for £85 (probably returns). So it is ordered.

I am under no illusions that is will match the performance of my mains powered machine. But should be so much easier to keep the patios tidy, and wash the car. Well that’s the hope.

If we still had the caravan, I think it would have worked well in storage.

John
Be interested in how you get along with it.

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts