Kartt Ultimate Anti Slip Jockey Wheel (2023 edition)

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi folks

Just went ahead last night and purchased the 2023 Jockey wheel for our Swift Challenger 670 SE Twin Axle caravan

Hopefully this will help when trying to steer the caravan, with motor movers, into a bay which has stones

The original AL-KO which came with the caravan, just feels too plasticky and at time felt like the thing was about to snap

Hopefully it arrives tomorrow and get it fitted this weekend, as we are pulling it out next week for our first holiday.

Can’t wait, been looking forward to this :)

IMG_1091.jpeg

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Good swap and very easy to change over. We did the change last year. The Kartt is very robust and does not unwind it self either when travelling.

Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely an improvement over the standard Alko one.
That looked all beat to hell after a few months of running over gravel, the Kartt one still looked like new a year later

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I swapped my cheapo Alko wheel very soon after we got the caravan as it didn't look like it would last long going over our driveway which is granite chippings.

Just changed the wheel not the whole assembly and it's a big improvement.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
I swapped my cheapo Alko wheel very soon after we got the caravan as it didn't look like it would last long going over our driveway which is granite chippings.

Just changed the wheel not the whole assembly and it's a big improvement.
can I ask what you changed to? My wheel has seen better days

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Nope and easy and quick change.
Some of the he new jockey wheels don’t totally unwind like the traditional ones, once you get to max unwind that’s it they stop. I would guess it be a case of knock the roll pin out on them, but can’t say I have tried 🤔

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Jockey wheel delivered, however when I removed it from the delivery box there is a small dent in the wheel

View attachment 6314
Mentioned it to the supplier sending photos. They may exchange or give you a decent discount as doing an exchange would work out expensive with couriers. It would have taken a real hard knock to dent that wheel or is was like that from time of manufacture.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Yes I was thinking that must be some hard knock to do that dent

It must have either been dropped by supplier, or courier... or supplied to Prima from Kartt like that

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yes I was thinking that must be some hard knock to do that dent

It must have either been dropped by supplier, or courier... or supplied to Prima from Kartt like that
No way would that dent occur from it being dropped even from a substantial height. it is almost as if someone took a mallet to the wheel so maybe it is "second hand"? Nothing to lose by reporting it to them. You are also fully within your rights to request a replacement if you felt so inclined.

Reactions: otherclive
Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
We are leaving on Thursday for our first family holiday, and this has just compeltely frustrated us

I have contacted Prima, but will be calling them on Monday morning and explaining this situation, maybe they can have an exchange sent out and we send the dented one back. Or we buy a new one so it arrives in time, then return faulty one when we return from holiday.

I was hoping to get this all changed over on Monday when we went and cleaned out the pipes.

Urghhhhh

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We are leaving on Thursday for our first family holiday, and this has just compeltely frustrated us

I have contacted Prima, but will be calling them on Monday morning and explaining this situation, maybe they can have an exchange sent out and we send the dented one back. Or we buy a new one so it arrives in time, then return faulty one when we return from holiday.

I was hoping to get this all changed over on Monday when we went and cleaned out the pipes.

Urghhhhh
Askk for a replacement, don't change it, your holiday is more important, you will get bye with your original one.
You are worrying about things too much, relax a bit more and you will find things will be easier.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Yeh I’ll be changing it, and yes we can get by with the original ALKO Jockey

Just frustrating that’s all mate

See what they say on Monday and take it from there :)

Just out of curiosity, has anyone weighed the original ALKO Jockey wheel?

The one from Kartt, does seem to have a hefty weight :sweatsmile:

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yeh I’ll be changing it, and yes we can get by with the original ALKO Jockey

Just frustrating that’s all mate

See what they say on Monday and take it from there :)

Just out of curiosity, has anyone weighed the original ALKO Jockey wheel?

The one from Kartt, does seem to have a hefty weight :sweatsmile:
The Kartt one is a lot heavier. The ALKO is about 4kg and the Kartt is about 9kg so double the weight of the ALKO.

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Mentioned it to the supplier sending photos. They may exchange or give you a decent discount as doing an exchange would work out expensive with couriers. It would have taken a real hard knock to dent that wheel or is was like that from time of manufacture.
I can’t see that little ding making a difference to the performance of the wheel. It will probably get a lot more chips and dents in its lifetime.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I can’t see that little ding making a difference to the performance of the wheel. It will probably get a lot more chips and dents in its lifetime.
That is not the point. Damaged goods were delivered and for it to take a hard knock like that there may be underlying issues not visible.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yes I expect your right. It’s entirely feasible that the wheel may disintegrate over speeds of 79 mph.
I think you are in desperate need of having to attend a caravan course as they teach you how to lower and lift the jockey wheel so no need to use it when towing. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts