Keeping Battery charged during storage.

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
Can anyone advise me on the best way to keep by battery healthy during winter storage, as I have a Tracker on my caravan and it is connected directly to the battery. Is the best option to have two batteries and inter change every month, or is a solar panel best. If a solar panel is best what sort would I need.

Regards

Peter

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I just use a 10 watt solar panel stuck on the roof of the caravan that I store in France and this is great for the job as it can be connected directly to the battery without having to use a controller.

If you do this, mount the panel with a slope, as rainwater will tend to wash any dirt off.

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
I just use a 10 watt solar panel stuck on the roof of the caravan that I store in France and this is great for the job as it can be connected directly to the battery without having to use a controller.

If you do this, mount the panel with a slope, as rainwater will tend to wash any dirt off.
Thanks Rod. What make is your panel please.

Peter

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Peter,

I can't remember the make now, and I only got back from France today, so I can't look.

I bought it off the internet and it came from somewhere in Hertfordshire. Try a Google.

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
I believe a Charge Controller is only required for Solar Panels that have a 15W or higher charge rate and as the OP is only using a Solar Panel to keep the Battery topped up during storage, then as Rod suggests anything up to 10W should do the job in hand,

best regards, Martin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts