Keilder Water CC Site

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We were considering going in June so I made enquiries. Our intention was a week at each of Low Manesty, Keilder and Bolton Abbey but was told its like the west coast of Scotland for midges so after being eaten alive last year decided to give it a miss and opt for Berwick instead.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wendy, We have stayed at Kielder a couple of times its a great site but the combination of water and trees means like Lord B said you will need the midge repellent from late May onwards. Our stays have been easter and October half term, out of midge season!!!! Richard S

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We were considering going in June so I made enquiries. Our intention was a week at each of Low Manesty, Keilder and Bolton Abbey but was told its like the west coast of Scotland for midges so after being eaten alive last year decided to give it a miss and opt for Berwick instead.
Stayed for 1 week at bolton Abbey in june last year, The midges where there in force.

Roy

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Stayed for 1 week at bolton Abbey in june last year, The midges where there in force.

Roy
.... surely they cant be the same species of midge, hmmmmm second thoughts knowing my luck they probably followed me down from Scotland last June :O(

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wendy,

We went for a look at this site when we were staying in the area.In the Club Book there is a photo showing views over the water.There are very few vans which get this view.Most are tucked away in the trees,which we didn't particularly like.However,you can go through a gate at the bottom of the site and then have the whole area to walk/cycle take a boat ride etc.There is a swimming pool within 5 mins walk of the site.Certainly we have heard that the midges are very bad there,so it is a no go area from end of May to end of Aug.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Wendy,

We went for a look at this site when we were staying in the area.In the Club Book there is a photo showing views over the water.There are very few vans which get this view.Most are tucked away in the trees,which we didn't particularly like.However,you can go through a gate at the bottom of the site and then have the whole area to walk/cycle take a boat ride etc.There is a swimming pool within 5 mins walk of the site.Certainly we have heard that the midges are very bad there,so it is a no go area from end of May to end of Aug.
Thanks again Maureen :0)

Hi there if you want to Tour the lovely County of Northumberland Then why not stay at the Following site.

Brown Rigg Caravan Park. Just outside the lovely village of Bellingham. Close to Kielder water, Hexham, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Carlise and the Metro Centre. This site is highly recommended by me as I have stayed there. It is spotlessly clean around the whole site, the Shower and toilet block are spotless. I live just outside Northumberland and visit many sites in the area for short weekend stays with my wife and I would recommend this site. It also has a small shop.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts