kendal caravan and camping club site

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site
We have booked this site for May and are looking forward to staying at the Lakes for the week. Has anyone been on this site. Read about it in mag but anyone been I,d be interesed in your thoughts on the site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi we have stayed at this site a few times and its very nice clean faclities not far from kendal and a morrisons and a few other shops down the road good site

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
I was told by a chap that most of the pitches are sloping if that bothers you at all. Having not been myself I cannot confirm but I'm sure someone on here will. The location itself is fantastic. My place of work is just down the road from this site near morrisons and the retail park. Good luck, Dan.

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
I was told by a chap that most of the pitches are sloping if that bothers you at all. Having not been myself I cannot confirm but I'm sure someone on here will. The location itself is fantastic. My place of work is just down the road from this site near morrisons and the retail park. Good luck, Dan.
Also if you need anymore info on the area I can help you out greatly as I work in Kendal and the Lake District most days.

Feb 20, 2006
Visit site
we stopped on this site in 2007 ,the site is sloping so you may need chocks,contact the site when it opens as some pitches are quite close to the toilet block.as someone has said morrisons about 1/2 a mile from site,kendal about a mile, we use to walk through the feilds to kendal you walk through a farm yard and along the river bank,the path would not be suitable for a wheel chair,the picture in the site book is showing the bottom of the site,we pitched next to the tree.oftern had the cows staring in the caravan ,hope this is of some help

colin

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
Message to Sue, Thanks for your reply. Can you say if the pitches are sloping or not. I,m a wheelchair user so it wold be helpful to know this. Thanks Erica.
Hello Erica.

If you do stay in Kendal, a very pleasant ( wheelchair-friendly ) trip out would be .

Head out of Kendal to the west through Underbarrow, Crosthwaite and Bowland Bridge to the southern end of lake Windermere. On the way you could stop for a drink at a pub called The Strawberry Bank ( just beyond Bowland Bridge ) where my mum used to elect to stay in the car and enjoy the view. Then, about a mile short of the lake ( when the steep descent begins ), pulling into one of the parking areas on the left would be a MUST. From there, the view over the lake to the Langdale Pikes and beyond is one of the best there is in Cumbria for someone lacking mobility.

From there, you have options .

Go round to Lakeside where there is a flat car park and watch the lake passenger-boats and steam trains and thence to Grange-over-Sands probably through Cartmel ( very busy - try the Royal Oak ) or Lindale ( two grim pubs ).

Either way, Grange is a lovely unspoilt little town with a great benefit to wheelchair users of the traffic-free walk along the promenade ( park at the railway station ), followed by a cream tea in the Hazelmere Caf

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi erica yes the site is on a slope but there are quite a few level pitches i would tell the warden that you want a level pitch due to you using a wheel chair

hope you enjoy your stay

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts