Kennford International Caravan and Camping Park

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Rick,
As I;m only 15 mins from the site I havent actually stayed there. but take into consideration that it is right along side the main A38
expressway betweem Exeter and Plymouth and is very busy. The traffic noise may not bother you but just athought.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info Kev. I noticed it was quite close to the main road, and Im hoping its one of those things you get used to.

We've spend a bit of time at a site on the edge of a motorway before, and we stopped hearing the noise after the first few days. For us it seems ideally positioned, and easy to get to anywhere, I understand its only a couple of miles from the Exeter Park & Ride.

Rick

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi again Rick, yes you are quite correct in saying that it is near the Park + Ride, go back onto A38 take next exit, left at R/bout, next left then you are there, approx 2 miles at a guess.
Go the other way to Plymouth, 30 mins, Park + Ride (Actually nearer Ivybridge).
If you go the other way head to English Riviera, which includes Torquay, Paignton, Brixham .
Go Down A38 take Bovey Tracey Road and again within 30 mins your on the moors.
If you are into walking go up Haldon Hill (by car) towards Exeter racecourse and head into Haldon Forest, Lovely walks, cycle routes all catered for, oh and then in the cafe tucked in the woods you can get a refreshing cup of tea and bacon sarnie
smiley-cool.gif

Happy Holidays.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks for all of this information Kev, I think we will definately be going now
smiley-smile.gif
Its just a matter of finding the time to fit it in, we're away every month until the end of October at the moment, I'll have to see if I can manage to squeeze another week in

Rick

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rick have you thought about the CC site at Exeter Racecourse?
Although I haven't been there I'm told it's an excellent site. It's on our 'to go to' list.
I did check for vacancies and every week is available including weekends which surprised me because it has a shower block and people moan they can't get in anywhere.

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lord B

I did look at it, however, I think that we will probably be stopping at Great Yarmouth racecourse at some point as well, and I dont want to overload SWMBO with horse racing lol.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Rick Stevens said:
Hi Lord B

I did look at it, however, I think that we will probably be stopping at Great Yarmouth racecourse at some point as well, and I dont want to overload SWMBO with horse racing lol.

Think of the free hoss muck for your garden
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts