Keswick camping and caravan site

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
We went a few years ago and it was very nice, usuall club standards and friendly. we where lucky enough to be pitched with a view of the lake and it was wonderfull to wake up and see the mist rising with the sun. fantastic walks round the lake although it is a very long way, our two cavalier king charles spaniels could not make it and we ended up getting the bus back to the site. keswick village is charming and not too far to travel for the other lakes in the area. We would give the site 10 / 10 overall.

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
we have been going here for the last 4 years and would rate it as one of the best we have been to...if not the best....staff have always been very helpful...you should love it...keswick is a lovely town...with good takeaways..if your too tired to cook..or just go sit by the lake and do nothing...perfect

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
i forgot about the chinese takaway at the end of the road that leads to the site it was very very nice and welcome after the long walk, we just could not face cooking we where so tired, when we woke up in the morning the tv was still on and two full glasses of wine still stood on the side. I think i might re-book.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
We go to this site all the time, it's extremely popular and gets booked up quickly especially in the summer and Bank Holidays. Over the Bank Holidays there is a minimum stay of 5 nights and 3 nights at other times (I think this information is correct)

The site floods occasionally and therefore you have to be on site with your tow-car overnight in case of the need to evacuate. I'm pleased to say that the site has never been in danger of flooding whilst we've been there and we've been many times.

The wardens are very friendly and helpful. If you like a sunny pitch don't go to the pitches that back on to the river. We learnt that lesson one beautiful sunny afternoon where everyone else was bathed in sunshine and our line of pitches were in deep shade.

Keswick is a great town and there's a supermarket not far away and lots of cafes, shops etc, a theatre by the lake, and a lovely park. There's also lots of great walks which start at the Moot Hall in the centre of Keswick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts