Key Cloning Again

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I agree, I think the phone gives out the same code as the card. I looked at it once, I think it meant I needed to get the phone out open it, open banking then use the phone. So no advantage on using a card.

I have seen lots use them in shops, but they are prepared before the checkout, so no problem.

John
With my ,"Pay by Phone" it creates a different card Account number to the card account I am paying by. Also I choose which card account is the preferred one to use.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have no idea how the phone works for paying for goods as never tried it and hate being stuck behind someone who is trying to use it and it doesn't seem to work. LOL! 😂
That can happen when some people don't use the contact less facility and then forget their PIN number.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That can happen when some people don't use the contact less facility and then forget their PIN number.

You also get frustrating delays when someone at the end of checking out decides to open a handbag, extract a brick-like purse and then in an act of unrestrained kindness offers the checkout person lots of coins that come out of the purse in no logical manner. Same happens when the bus arrives as if it’s a totally unexpected happening. Which in many cases it is. Oh the joys of cash.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It’s not just keyless vehicle being targeted as Hyundai/Kia have recently settled a US legal case at
$200m for key switch models that have twice the theft rate of keyless ones. Affected Owners will get compensation, and all will have free software updates to improve security on the affected models.
Basically whatever your system someones out there wanting to deprive you of it, or parts of it.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
It’s not just keyless vehicle being targeted as Hyundai/Kia have recently settled a US legal case at
$200m for key switch models that have twice the theft rate of keyless ones. Affected Owners will get compensation, and all will have free software updates to improve security on the affected models.
Basically whatever your system someones out there wanting to deprive you of it, or parts of it.

I believe that the Hyundai/Kia situation arose because US-spec versions don't get the immobiliser that's standard here

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts