Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
I'm new to this site so hello everyone. I've just changed my caravan to a 2006 Elddis Avante 2 berth mtplm 1100. I want to change my towcar as my present 1700 TD asta estate is underpowered. I was going to have a look at the Kia Clarens d and wondered if anyone was towing with one?

G

I haven't towed with one, but have driven one for a few days while my own car was in for a warranty check.

Gearbox is very nice - positive **** that 'clicks' into position.

Parking brake is foot operated and I never quite managed to get the hang of it properly - I'm glad I never had to release it slowly while pulling away on a hill ;)

Interior is quite nice - let down by the awful grey carpet. I'm sure there's a factory dedicated to turning out acres of cheap 'Korean Grey' carpet.

Engine is a pearl. It's the same engine as my Sportage (2.0 TD) and it has more torque than the published figures would suggest. Ours happily pulls 1600kg in sixth gear - and at 60mph it's doing slightly less than 2,000 revs.

Servicing is reasonable, reliability (after an initial snag that led to us using the Carens) has been faultless for 20,0000.

I think the Carens is a genuinely good buy - if there was one thing I'd change it would be the wheels, which look oddly small.

Apart from that, one of the best motoring bargains around at the moment imo

May 22, 2008
Visit site
I tow a challenger 490/5 with mine,including 4 kids, the boss, and two miniture schnauzers, excellent tow car.

I now feel happy pulling out at junctions etc,you would'nt even know the van is on.

Go for it, you should'nt be disapointed, and also the Kia warranty is second to none.

My Carens has been in for a few minor repairs, all under warranty, and I must say, Howard Abrahams, lurgan, NI are excellent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts