Kia Sedona

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are considering buying a Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi SE Auto which on paper seems to meet all our needs as a family car and a tow car it will even easily fit one large dog in his very large crate. It appears to be too good to be true has anyone got/had a Sedona if so how did they find it for towing etc?

Your comments would be appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tracy,

Had mine over a year and like Steve,its Superb. Pulls my Compass Rallye (1700KG)easy.I also am loaded up with the kids and the dog.To make extra room i remove the middle seats.You won`t be dissapointed.Just to add, before the Kia i had a Honda CRV.The Kia beats it hands down.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We've had our KIA for 18 months now, best value for money car we have ever had. Tows our Elddis odyssey with real ease. Check out Club Autosave (www.clubautosave.co.uk) have seen them for

Feb 8, 2006
Visit site
I have a 24ft motor carvan and want to buy a scotter 125cc but need and platform of some kind to fix to back on motor caravan to carry it on. Could you please help with any information about prices and where I could get one fitted. I live in surrey but not sure where you nearest branch will be.

Thankson

Sonia Valentine

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
We too have a sedona, it is the 2.9 tdi s year 2000 model, have towed for 3 years and do not even notice the caravan is on the back, it handles corners well and is a nice smooth drive, took it to France 2 years ago Calais to La Rochelle, quite a journey but with no problems at all, sadly we are looking at selling ours in the summer as we have moved and have a very awkward driveway which causes problems with the turning circle on the sedona, our only fault we have found in 6 years, also purchased a new lighter van as we currently tow a swift challenger 490se mtplm is 1400kg and going for a bailey 460/4, a lot lighter so looking to buy a small mpv too, I only do around town and in 6 years just done 36k on clock, so quite expensive car to run.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We have a 1999 Kia Sedona Auto and find it great for towing.We have a twin axle van 3 dogs and a wheelchair. The only problem we have had is on wet field, rally most weekends so it's not always hardstanding, it not always good at pulling off. Apart from that we love it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know you posted your question a while ago now but I have not been on the site for a while and wanted to reply anyway. I have a Kia Sedona auto plus large caravan and large dog and it has been brilliant. The only time it struggles a bit is on the steep hill up to our village when we return home particularly if some idiot comes the other way and forgets to give way to the vehicle coming up the hill! Also I have to say it has got the turning circle of a lorry! but I still love it. Incidentally we took it to Switzerland for New Year (minus caravan) and it coped well with the inclement weather there too, even my husband who hates it admitted that it did really well and has stopped nagging me to get a big four wheel drive! We only had to use snow chains once even though there was lots of snow.

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
I have just bought a KIA Sorento and can't fault it , looked all over for a bad report about it and couldn't find one . I am at the moment negotiating a deal for my users have a look www.caravanning4u.co.uk

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I believe there is a new Sedona coming out in September so it might pay to wait if are in the market for a new one.
You can see it on American sites. aerch for NEW 2006 Kia Sedona and you should find plenty about it, looks ggod !

TRENDING THREADS