Kia Sorento Alloy Wheels Chapter Two

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Had my wheels photographed by the dealer. He rang back today, Kia have authoreised a new set of alloys to be fitted next tuesday, Am I glad I bought this cheap Korean car.

Tony A.

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hello, i couldnt find your first listing, but i assume you are referring to the laquer on the wheels (or lack of it), if so, we had the same problem with our 03 sorento, i called the dealer and they said kia have had a problem with their wheel supplier not putting enough laquer on the wheels, they put me a new set on within 3 days!

hope this helps, Andrew.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
LoL

yes got the wheels fitted tues inc new spare do you think landrover or the other more expensive manufaturers would act so quickly?

John I Stephen

the first signs were pale grey spots that I couldn`t clean off, these got darker as time passed,

The local dealership who used to be a rover dealer isn`t quite up to Kia thinking yet, ie the first response I got was "well you must have scrubbed the laquer off" I then mentioned this forum and others experiences with Kia dealers and he probably thought he`d better ask Kia before saying no.Get the weight of the P.C. behind you.

Andrew mine is an 53 model it looks smart now, I feel like cleaning it again good luck mate

Tony A.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Told my Kia dealer about marks on alloys on my Sorento, now 2 weeks later & just had new wheels fitted without any hassel, the after sales service given by Kia is first rate, I dont know how some of you other Kia owners have gone on but would be nice to hear if you've had any bad experiances.

Andy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My Sorento 2.5 Diesel 2004 has the Alloy wheel problem I have to clean them once a week useing Alloy Wheel cleaner to stop the black scabs forming on the wheel surface. I took it back to my dealer in March this year. He said there was nothing he could do about it.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
My Sorento 2.5 Diesel 2004 has the Alloy wheel problem I have to clean them once a week useing Alloy Wheel cleaner to stop the black scabs forming on the wheel surface. I took it back to my dealer in March this year. He said there was nothing he could do about it.
Jim c ,

You have to be firm with these people, tell him you want claim under the warranty, this doesn`t cost him anything, quote this forum, Print the forum page and take to him, if all else fails grab him by the throat and squeeze NOOOOO! I mean contact Kia warranty yourself and tell them about the lack of after sales service this dealer is giving compared to others who have been talked about on this site. and send them a copy of the forum page. I`m sure you`ll win as soon as Kia learn whats happened to you at the hands of such a moronic dealer. As you know several of us have had new wheels inc spare just for the asking. Get stuck in mate let us here know how you get on.

TONY A.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Tony A and other comments on this subject. After reading comments on this forum and on Kia-Forums.com I rang my dealer on Sunday morning at the showroom,telling him that other Sorento owners also had an issue with their alloy wheels, and that they had been successful in getting them replaced on warranty.He ask me to bring the car in this morning and after examining the wheels has ordered me a new set of 4 wheels.

I did not push my luck for the spare as well! as its never been used.

He is going to phone me when they arrive should be fitted this week.

Regards Jim

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Jim C

I can see from your posts that you are a mild mannered man, but a set of wheels includes the spare, tell your dealer that this is the case, I Just asked the question "I assume this includes the spare"? and the dealer ordered five, your man appears to think that he is saving kia money or maybe the `set of wheels` is five and he puts one to one side to sell on later, either way he needs sorting out, obviuosly the term `the customer is always right` isnt in his vocabulary, tell me where you live i`ll pop down and have a word.

YOU ARE NOT PUSHING YOUR LUCK BY ASKING FOR A SPARE, IT IS YOUR RIGHT, BY USING THIS DEALERSHIP YOU ARE PAYING THE WAGES, I`m sure Kia would love to here about this bullying man, it is not there policy to carry on like he is doing.

Just out of interest which town do you live in?

good luck Tony A.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
While your are it Tony, *** up to Doncaster and tell my dealer to get a move on, have been waiting for two months to get new support struts for the tailgate!

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
I am new to this website and am very interested in this topic as the only problem i have had with my sorento has been the alloy wheels. Up until now the dealer has not really wanted to know, but armed with all the info from this topic he has now put in a request for new wheels. I should no the outcome on Monday.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
I am new to this website and am very interested in this topic as the only problem i have had with my sorento has been the alloy wheels. Up until now the dealer has not really wanted to know, but armed with all the info from this topic he has now put in a request for new wheels. I should no the outcome on Monday.
keep us informeAndrew we need to stick together TONY A.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My wheels have arrived at my dealers. I have booked the car in for fitting on Friday morning.

Regards

A 'mild mannered man' from Robin Hood City

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Phoned my local Kia garage today and my new alloy wheels have been agreed with kia under warranty. They will arrive tomorrow, having them fitted Sat week. Thanks to all who gave me the amunition

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts