Kia Sorento and towing mirrors

Jul 16, 2007
Visit site
My towing mirrors have rubber bands which sit over the Kia mirror and these hold them in place. Well, almost - the nearside one does tend to move a bit.

Any recommendations please?

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
We use the mirrors secured with the bands also.

Had them about 10 years, only problem i've had is the ofside mirror started to come adrift after a couple of oncoming lorries pasted.

I always put a couple of wraps of electricians tape round the outside strap, and had no problem since.

The mirrors are the largest i;ve seen, but give a good field.

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Ken,

Although I've only towed my van (Bailey Indiana) once with the Sorento I'd make the following comments; the van is 2.28 metres wide & with the Sorento mirrors alone I can easily see down both sides of the van, however as I'd already got a pair of Milenco Aero's I put them on anyway, The mirrors are rock solid (as they were when fitted onto the Audi A4) & what a view behind the van.....fan bl**dy tastic! Most definately the ideal combination!!!!!!!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I use Milencos ona Sorento and they are rock steady. I can see behind without mirrors but boy do they really improve your view. The Milencos don't need bands on the Sorento as the screw clamps tighten in such a way that you would have to tear the car's mirror off of its mounting rather than the Milenco give way. Milenco say that for most vehicles the clamps are all that is required.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Iv'e had a set of Milencos for a few years now but stopped using them in favour of the "suck it and see" type.

Reasons - the little rubber caps on the screw clamps were always falling off and getting lost and the mirror silvering was spotting; they were also a bit fiddly to fit and line up.

The suction cap type by contrast fits in seconds and moves with the mirror so lining up is as easy as lining up the cars own mirror i.e. manually or electrically from within the car.

I have used them for two seasons now - they are stable, have never loosened or shown any sign of falling off, give as good or better view than the mileniums, in spite of having a smaller mirror and store very easily when not in use in their own drawstring bag.

A wonderful invention which indeed does what it says on the tin!

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Clive,

Short answer no.

When they are in place you tend to concentrate on the view via the additional mirror and ignore the original mirror which I found is the same case as using a strap on.

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
Clive,

Short answer no.

When they are in place you tend to concentrate on the view via the additional mirror and ignore the original mirror which I found is the same case as using a strap on.
which I found is the same case as using a strap on.

don't it make your eyes water?

love the suction mirrors

montsett

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts