kia Sorento as "new" tow car - ESP, LPG and other questions

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Calling all Sorento ownerss

I'm now seriously considering the Kia Sorento as a replacement towcar to pull our Bailey Senator Arizona (1500Kg) I currently have a Vauxhall Monterey 3.2 V6 which I have had converted to LPG.

What do owners think of the Sorento's ESP is it worth having for towing?

Has anyone had a Sorento converted to LPG? Is there much room for the gas tank. In my Monty the LPG tank and a small petrol tank replaced the larger petrol tank under the boot floor.

Alternately I may go for the diesel version but we do prefer to be as green as possible

What are the pro/cons of the new 2007 model?

I don't know if I can stretch to a new one. Is is worth trying.

Thanks in anticipation.

Tim

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tim

Go to www.kiasorento.proboards46.com. You will find all the information you need - or you can post a question.

I have a pre face-lift Sorento and find the forum (and the car)great.....but can't really answer your questions as they are about the new model!

Regards

KeithJ

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I have an 04 Sorento and it is not fitted with ESP, but towing 1400kg with a well loaded car it has never been anything but very stable. I doubt that few of the Sorento ESP owners would know when it kicked in, if it does when towing. Regarding LPG be aware that Kia are/ have stopped marketing the petrol 3.5 V6 as so few have been bought. The spares support may be far less than for the diesels. Also whats the green issue? You need to check mpg for a diesel when towing and solo against the mpg for lpg. Also Eurotunnel do not allow lpg cars onto the shuttles.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts