Kia Sorento Auto or Manual

Apr 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I am currently on the look out for a secondhand Sorento. I have always driven manual cars and I am just wondering about the pros and cons of an automatic.

Any comments appreciated,

David

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I have an 04 Sorento auto with the 5 speed box. It has a manual overide so that you can control on downhill sections, or uphills. It is my first auto and it makes towing a doddle as the gearbox never seems to be in the wrong gear, or I have not even found uphill hunting to be a problem. When moving the van on site/home I don't need to worry about clutch wear. It reduces mpg by about 2-3 mpg, but I get around 30mpg solo and 22-24mpg twoing 1400kg. I have taken it off road witha 4x4 club day on the Salisbury Ranges and the gaerbox and auto-selection for 4wd all worked well without any need for my intervention.

Other Clive

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi again,

see the topic on 'Clutch Overheating'. Hopefully no permanent damage but autos take the hassle out of road congestion when towing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Apparently, the Sorento Auto is a good box, one of the best, so I'm led to believe. Personally I don't have any experience with it, I had the manual, which is more than capable. I would question the fact that you need a manual override for hilly sections, because then an auto isn't really an auto if it's being used manually.

Ok, I'll come clean, I'm not a fan of auto's, you may not be either, so is there any way you could trial one for a while, David?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts