Kia Sorento recall

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......good luck with the car Kevin.
Hopefully something simple.
These cars now have a multitude of electronics that can throw a wabbler.
Just bought one myself albeit a Hyundai Santa Fe!

Reactions: Gagakev
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Oh dear Kev. I had Sories from 2015 -2019 never a problem that wasn’t fixed fast. I did have an issue with a 64 point multi plug/ socket . All fixed very easily but diagnosis was hard. Hope Kia crack it

Reactions: Gagakev
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So quick up date................I need to do a rake of overtime!!!

So the Kia dealer plugged in and found nothing, not surprised.
They Took it for a run and it went into limp mode, and low and behold a management light came on (skeptical now me) never happened for me!!
Plug in and diagnose a Exhaust pressure control valve,
Valve could be coked up, preventing a flap opening and closing, electrical or a short (thought a short was electrical but hey ho)

So I ask can you guarantee it's that, they respond with the code that came up was very unique, so confident.

Time will tell, cant collect car until Friday, waiting for the part.

That will be £1,400.00 please.

Back to work now, need to get a few more jobs lined up :LOL:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Oh dear Kev😥😥😥
Is it the same as the EGRV, My Mk1 had that failure, the Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve. That plus the diagnosis, fitting , new parts including the two turbo pipes that join the EGRV cost me about £500 10 years ago. So your figure sounds near enough ok.
Is the car more than 7 years old?

Reactions: Hutch and Gagakev
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Oh dear Kev😥😥😥
Is it the same as the EGRV, My Mk1 had that failure, the Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve. That plus the diagnosis, fitting , new parts including the two turbo pipes that join the EGRV cost me about £500 10 years ago. So your figure sounds near enough ok.
Is the car more than 7 years old?
Apparently its similar and does a similar thing, he did compare it to EGRV
Yes older than 7 years, 2014 model DD

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts