Kia Sorento transmission

Mar 1, 2007
Visit site
Got my new style Sorento XT auto last September and I am having problems with the transmission.When it's done a few miles i.e well warmed up it doesn't want to go round tight corners.The transmission seems to lock up and then kicks in and out of drive. Very unsatisfactory.I would like to hear if anyone else has had this problem, and what was the outcome of it

Regards Baz Thornton

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
baz, someone posted a problem with there new sorento and there old sorento but i cant remember what the problem was. im sure if you go onto forum search and put in sorento you might be able to find it.

jo-anne

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Baz,

Have a look at the Sorento Forum. It's magic. "Kiasorento.proboards46.com"

The members knowledge is fantastic!

Cheers

Robbo

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
baz, someone posted a problem with there new sorento and there old sorento but i cant remember what the problem was. im sure if you go onto forum search and put in sorento you might be able to find it.

jo-anne
Hi Baz

It was me who posted the problem about my Sorento. I bought a new (manual) one as my first one let me down in November. I seemed to have a very serious problem with the gears. The dealer could not find what the problem was after having it in the garage for 2 weeks over Christmas and they told me it would cost about

Mar 1, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the comments guys.

Got a new transfer box fitted under warranty and all seems well now.Ihave to say once the problem was diagnosed it was swiftly dealt with. So no complaints regarding service from KIA/dealer up to now.

Alan, I'm already a member of the Sorento forum, great site but a little quiet on technical issues at the moment, I suppose thats a good sign though

BAZ

TRENDING THREADS