Kia Sportage 2.0 diesel

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
has anyone had any experience towing with this vehicle. I have a Bailey pagient burgundy & at 1400kg this should suit the Kia in theory, but what about in practice. Comments much appreciated.

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi

we "traded-up" to a Sportage last year and I have been really happy with it.

our caravan is a lot smaller than yours (Eriba Familia 850kgs) but because I was new to caravanning wanted no probs towing - the Sportage acheives that.

mpg is probably not great (avg 35-36 mpg, although doesnt seem to drop when towing), but that seems to be the same with all Kia and Hyundai 4x4's.

basically we got a really good deal on ours, good price and the dealer threw in a free dog gate and towbar. touch wood no mechanical probs so far. If you can afford it go for the XS range, the XE range you may find a bit basic. or maybe consider the Hyundai Tuscon which I believe is the same car, but with a 5 year warranty.

the only thing that may throw you is the wipers and indicators being the "wrong" way round - it only affects me after I've driven a works pool car.

any other questions just ask. Mark (",)

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi

we "traded-up" to a Sportage last year and I have been really happy with it.

our caravan is a lot smaller than yours (Eriba Familia 850kgs) but because I was new to caravanning wanted no probs towing - the Sportage acheives that.

mpg is probably not great (avg 35-36 mpg, although doesnt seem to drop when towing), but that seems to be the same with all Kia and Hyundai 4x4's.

basically we got a really good deal on ours, good price and the dealer threw in a free dog gate and towbar. touch wood no mechanical probs so far. If you can afford it go for the XS range, the XE range you may find a bit basic. or maybe consider the Hyundai Tuscon which I believe is the same car, but with a 5 year warranty.

the only thing that may throw you is the wipers and indicators being the "wrong" way round - it only affects me after I've driven a works pool car.

any other questions just ask. Mark (",)
Thank you for that Brave-Fart, I have a friend who has had one for about 18 months and he's over the moon with it, he says it's completely reliable and he would only change it for a Sorento. Alas, the Sorento won't go into his garage.

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I tow my 1300kg Lunar with a 138 BHP Sportage. I have found the Sportage to be a great tug even better than my previous car a C5 HDI. The only concern I had when I bought the vehicle was would it be able to tow in 6th gear, well the answer is yes even up hill. MPG is excellent 350 miles plus on a tank of diesel when towing. No problems with stability even when my unit speed creeps up to ** mph. In the year I have had the car I have had no problems and found it well screwed together. Its first service also came in cheap

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Well I tow with a TD4 Freelander an Aventura 316 at about 1125kg. Same sort of vehicle but I am interested in replacing it with the Sportage. If you hear of anything would be grateful if you could publish it.

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
I would like to hear comments about Kia Sportage or Hyundai Tuscon (seem to be similar vehicle except has 5 year warranty).

All commentators state there may be a prob with fuel consumption, is this true? Any probs with repairs, service costs etc.

Thanks

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Alex

not sure that there are many Sportage owners on here, you may have better luck on the Kia UK forums: http://www.kia-forums.com/index

as I stated before, I have had not one problem with the Sportage since I got it over a year ago - fuel consumption I get approx 335miles for every 50 litres of diesel, 35mpg I think.

Mark (",)

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Alex

not sure that there are many Sportage owners on here, you may have better luck on the Kia UK forums: http://www.kia-forums.com/index

as I stated before, I have had not one problem with the Sportage since I got it over a year ago - fuel consumption I get approx 335miles for every 50 litres of diesel, 35mpg I think.

Mark (",)
Thank for that.

Very good site this one.

Alex

TRENDING THREADS