KOJack caravan jack

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
anyone used or own one of these?? there is a pull out from (I think!) Riversway leisure with this months mag which has it advertised - basically an attachment bolts onto the chassis then the jack acts like a scissor jack using the attachment as a jacking point.

just wondered if anyone had any experience of one. Cheers, Mark (",)

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I have not tried one but I like the look of them they have plates that bolt onto the chassis using pre drilled holes exactly the same as the Alko side lift jack,the Kojacks big advantage is that it is hydraulic so less effort needed than the Alko version.

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

a freind of mine has one, and when he demo'd it to me it was better than my Alko side lift. Given the choice I would now go for Kojack. It is easier to lift the van, and the way it engages is more straightforwrds. You just place the jack underneath and lift vertically.

Apr 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Recently bought a Kojack and fitted to my van in minutes with no problem. Then used it to re-fit wheels for start of season,found it very easy to use with quick lifting and controlled lowering and was very solid. Recommended...Steve

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi

thanks for all the info, turns out it would not fit my caravan as it is an Eriba!

pity, there seems to be real problems getting a jack to fit. never mind, I'm glad someone is finding them useful. Mark (",)

Mar 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi All

I've had a Kojack for a few weeks now. What a great device. I purchased it to level my caravan on a seasonal pitch, as it had sunk on the one side enough to stop the water in my sink from draining away ! Took about five minutes to fit the attachments to the chassis, and then another five minutes to jack the caravan up and stick some chocks under. The longest time I took was to find the right sized spanned and socket to tighten the attachments ! They fit brilliantly, and are very solid.

My only gripe was that I needed to detach and lower the spare wheel carrier to make room for the jack under the jacking point, although you'd do this if you were unfortunate to have to change the wheel.

The spirit levels on the newly attached jacking attachments were useful, although the "left to right" levels were more difficult to read given their locations.

Yet to be seen how weather resistant the new jacking points and their four attached spirit levels will be if you left them on all the time. I'd be inclined to bolt the jacking points on when I needed them, and keep them safe in the caravan. Just ensure you have the spanners.

However a great piece of kit with effortless results and well worth the 50 quid !!

Cheers

Mar 22, 2006
Visit site
Me again.

I should have mentioned that the device will only fit a certain chassis (AlKo etc) with the two drilled holes in the chassis members behind the wheels. My caravn is a new 2007 Swift, and it worked a treat. You'll need to check your van first before buying.

Cheers

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
I've just bought a new van having had a van which came supplied with the Al-ko jack. I was thinking about the Kojack when I saw an advert for a 12v scissor jack in the paper. I looked on Ebay and found one for sale at

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
The mover should be fitted to the front of the wheels the plates are fitted behind the wheels using two holes pre-drilled in the chassis. They are quite obvious

Colin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts