kuga with witter fixed flange t/bar

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi all is their anyone out with the ford kuga with a witter fixed flange towbar I have seen a few pic's also i have read that they seam to sit very low even with a Alko ball which is very concerning I have email witter for spec's but not got an answer back?
I need the fixed flange for the bike carrier ( and for standing on to clean the roof ;) )
Thanks

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gravesty, I have just seen your posting, although I don't have a Kuga, I have a Santa Fe 2014 with the Witter fixed flange, as fitted by Hyundai, This towbar also sits low( when the car is full of fuel the center of the tow ball alko, is at 390 mm from the ground, which is allowable) the caravan sits nose down when attached with a nose weight of 80 kg and also a long way from the bumper, I have just changed the tow bar for a Tow trust one that sits 6 cm closer to the bumper and 3 cms higher than the Witter one.
Hope this info is of some help.

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Hutch eventually witter tec guys got in touch as it was sitting 20mm to low after a few emails with pictures and measurements it was the neck that was at fault and they sent a replacement now sitting at 450mm H but I have to say witter were on the ball when they eventually got in touch :) Ps isn't that a scary Pic of Parksy ;)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I bet thats the same with mine, but for some reason they dont want to know, changed it now, take it to the scrappy I suppose,
Yes he looks a bit like Blakey from " On the Buses" but what a very nice chap. :whistle:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts