La bien assise

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
I was thinking of booking a pitch for overnight as we come off the tunnel (arr. 7.55 pm) and looked at their website. Surely 41 euros for an overnight stop can't be right?

Jo

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
In high season it certainly can. There's a shortage of overnight stops around Calais, so basically it's a 'seller's market' and they can charge high amounts for an overnight stay. There are lots of campsites in France which charge a similar amount in high season - but you usually benefit from the other facilities available such as amazing pool complexes, bar, restaurant, indoor pool, sauna, etc - where with an overnight stop you don't tend to use any of these things.

There are several smaller sites - Les Epinettes at Peuplingues is recommended on other forums that I contribute to. Do you belong to the Caravan Club - there are others listed in there which are cheaper?

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Val. You can always be relied on to be helpful. In fact, we have booked another, much cheaper, site for our return trip - recommended via another thread on this forum. This was wanted for 20th June - hardly high season! However, hopefully we may be able to get an earlier train, so we will push on down the A26 and proably stop further south. I was just horrified by the price so early in the season!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Just had another thought - Bien Assise takes the ACSI card until the 3rd July - if you have an ACSI card, that is, and would then only cost 15 euros all in for one night! If you don't have one, and can make any use of it elsewhere (which sites are you heading for, just in case) then we have a 2009 one which we're not going to be able to use, which you could have for the current cost including postage. It would still save over the 41 euros you've been quoted!

Or what about Chateau du Gandspette if you're going down the A26 - it's not that much off your route, and takes Camping Cheques (

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Just had another thought - Bien Assise takes the ACSI card until the 3rd July - if you have an ACSI card, that is, and would then only cost 15 euros all in for one night! If you don't have one, and can make any use of it elsewhere (which sites are you heading for, just in case) then we have a 2009 one which we're not going to be able to use, which you could have for the current cost including postage. It would still save over the 41 euros you've been quoted!

Or what about Chateau du Gandspette if you're going down the A26 - it's not that much off your route, and takes Camping Cheques (

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site

Dec 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello jo have you tried booking thro the CC I have paid 32.42 which I know is expensive but its is in August and a very popular site

Hope that this helps

Alb

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts