la fuma chairs

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
wife wants a lafuma reclining chair ,but for £185 for 2 seems like a lot of money are they worth it or can i get them cheaper ,maybe in france

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you can get the Spanish equivalent - Crespo - they are even better with lighter aluminium frames rather than steel but the UK agent only stockes one model of recliner. Best bought in spain.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
we got our two from towsure at the g-mex show last year, they cost us 145.00 for the pair. as klarky said, previous to this we had to buy new chairs almost every season and decided to cut our losses, a great buy and very comfortable.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our only experience of La Fuma chairs was about 15 years ago, and after a few months, one of our expensive purchases simply buckled and collapsed when my husband sat on it. He was a biggish chap in those days, but he has got no smaller since, so we have been reluctant to trust these again. Does anyone know what sort of weight they should be capable of taking? Since that experience, we have stuck to wood or steel framed chairs.

If you do want some though, they are much cheaper in France.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yep they are excellent,

I bought one for my wife and they are so comfortabe it's great. I looked and looked in France last year to buy cheaper, but found they were just as expensive if not dearer than the U.K. The major downside with the chair is you can,t lie face down as they do not go flat. Great egonomics if you want to lie on your back, but not face down.

Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Pete, yes Lafuma chairs can be cheaper in France, but they are not the RSX relaxer which is sold in the UK, they are not fully strung, AND THEY ARE NOT FIRE RESISTANT !! and I should not think they carry the 2 year warranty which the UK chairs do

Richard

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
La fuma is expensive due to the materials and manufacturing methods, The steel tubing is not the cheap rolled and welded type but is extruded, which makes for a much stronger tube and can therefore have a thinner wall, making them about 15% lighter. The fabrics are of a high quality and fire resistant.

What you pay for is what you get!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts