la grande metairie ---- carnac

tj1

Aug 23, 2008
Visit site
hi all thinking of going here next year has anybody been here ... prob go from portsmouth - cherbourg or plymouth rosscoff depending on ferry prices as we dont mind the extra driving thanks tj

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi Tj we just spent a week there its a beautiful site with large pitches however the shop is large and very understocked and very over priced a small thing i know, our main problem was the dustdirt the week we spent was plagued by dust it is everywhere the awning is destroyed even inside the presses in the caravan there is layers of dirt i dont mean to go on but it got to the point where we had to keep windows closed and leave a small basin of water next to the door to clean everything as we went inside. thie site has a fantastic pool complex with plenty of activities for kids and a small petting zoo however i can only imagine it would be a nightmare with kids trying to stay clean our friends who also went brought their young daughter who is 2 and they spent more time in the laundry because of the dirt then we all spent in the previous 4 weeks in lake garda hope ive not been to negative as the area is lovely and well worth a look luke

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi Tj we just spent a week there its a beautiful site with large pitches however the shop is large and very understocked and very over priced a small thing i know, our main problem was the dustdirt the week we spent was plagued by dust it is everywhere the awning is destroyed even inside the presses in the caravan there is layers of dirt i dont mean to go on but it got to the point where we had to keep windows closed and leave a small basin of water next to the door to clean everything as we went inside. thie site has a fantastic pool complex with plenty of activities for kids and a small petting zoo however i can only imagine it would be a nightmare with kids trying to stay clean our friends who also went brought their young daughter who is 2 and they spent more time in the laundry because of the dirt then we all spent in the previous 4 weeks in lake garda hope ive not been to negative as the area is lovely and well worth a look luke
Hi again i also meant to point out that the toilet blocks while kept clean and neat where in my opinion a little on the small side and by that i mean the loo and shower cubicles were very cramped and difficult luke

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
It is a long time since I went to Carnac with my children who are both parents now.

We preferred the smaller Les Menhirs site in Carnac. It always had good sized well presented individual pitches and there was something different every day entertainment wise.

You can walk to the beach in a few minutes and the hustle and bustle of Carnac town in the evening is a short walk away.

It's always been a busy site, so you need to book well in advance. May be somebody has been there recently and can comment.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
It is a long time since I went to Carnac with my children who are both parents now.

We preferred the smaller Les Menhirs site in Carnac. It always had good sized well presented individual pitches and there was something different every day entertainment wise.

You can walk to the beach in a few minutes and the hustle and bustle of Carnac town in the evening is a short walk away.

It's always been a busy site, so you need to book well in advance. May be somebody has been there recently and can comment.
ps. we've also been to Carnac when the summer rain sets in, it is not a pleasant experience. I would never book more than a week there if you like the sun.

tj1

Aug 23, 2008
Visit site
hi thanks for the reply,s luke we too have a two year old, intresting about the dust i assume its from the road,s or the site in general, Sadie (luv the name same as our oldest daughter) did u not have nice weather or did the place flood easily thanks tony

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts